From GLBasic to XCode: Help!

Previous topic - Next topic

jSmith

I tried Uncle's post on how to compile iPhone but it did not work. My Mac is running Lion and I get a whole bunch of errors. I know that the SDK is installed properly because I tried one of the Obj-C tutorials found online and it worked on the iPhone emulator. I know that it is protocol to search the forum first but I did not find any help about this. Any kind member able to help me with a walk thru? I always like to start with a Hello World program and play it by ear from there. TIA  :)

This forum is buzzing!
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

spacefractal

Did you register the 99$ account? You can use simulator without account, but require a lots of cerficats working before you can run on your device (which is required by glbasic).

Alo which kind of errors do you get?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

jSmith

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Feb-22
Did you register the 99$ account? You can use simulator without account, but require a lots of cerficats working before you can run on your device (which is required by glbasic).

Alo which kind of errors do you get?
Thats fast! I do no have an Apple account yet and I was still able to run the Obj-C example on the emulator. Can I do the same with GLB? XCode popped 8 errors in all but I was able to clear the 1st one by changing the base SDK to iOS 6. Now there is 7.  :blink:

hardyx

About the "Missing SDK" messages, you must to put "Last iOS" in the XCode project properties.
About the emulator, GLBasic doesn't run in emulator, you must to test in a real Apple device and pay the developer license. It's the only way to test in iOS with GLB.

Look this instructions to compile:
http://www.glbasic.com/xmlhelp.php?lang=en&id=313&action=view

jSmith

Quote from: hardyx on 2013-Feb-22
About the "Missing SDK" messages, you must to put "Last iOS" in the XCode project properties.
About the emulator, GLBasic doesn't run in emulator, you must to test in a real Apple device and pay the developer license. It's the only way to test in iOS with GLB.

Look this instructions to compile:
http://www.glbasic.com/xmlhelp.php?lang=en&id=313&action=view
That helped me a lot. I did not know that GLB will not work on the emulator. I only have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and the errors came down to 2, 1 warning + 1 error when the device is connected. The instructions to compile says that "To sell your application through the Apple store you need an application developers licence" and "Change the "Bundle Identifier" to your signed Apple Developer ID (if you have one)". Is there any way to test the app without it? The error says "Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain."  :S

spacefractal

You need and pay a license to Apple, elsewise you cannot use glbasic to anything. That it.

The emulator is really just a simulator (as its say), which mean its need to compile to Intel code, which glbasic does not and propertry never do. That why you require a device, which also mean you need a paid license from Apple.

There mightbeen some unofficial jailbreak thing, which also means you breaks various Apple TOS and EULA, but that is a different story.....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

GLBasic not includes iOS intel libraries for the emulator, then the only way to test is in the device. When you inscribe and pay for being an Apple developer, Apple gives you a certificate with a indentity to sign the apps. Without this you can't test GLB apps, and you can't sell the apps you make for iOS.

There is a way to test in the iPhone, using a fake certificate and a jailbroken device, but this is against Apple license and you can't upload you app to the AppStore, this is only for testing and very difficult. I recommend you to register in Apple if you want to use GLB in iOS, because you get a lot of resources, tutorials, and the last SDKs from Apple. And if you want to earn money or learn to develop in iOS, is the best and most easy option.