V11 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruidesco

This is something that pops up when I try to compile a test project that hasn't been modified at all between the last beta and the current one (v11.171). Of course the code did work before.

Code (glbasic) Select
linking:
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x964): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_f'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x96a): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_f'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x991): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_10'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x997): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_10'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x9bf): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_11'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x9c5): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_11'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x9ec): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_12'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_12'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xa1a): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_13'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xa20): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_13'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xa47): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_14'
gpc_tempg.o:gpc_tempg.cpp:(.text+0xa4d): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::__glb_cstr_14'
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

kanonet

Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Ruidesco

Ooops. Sorry, that bit about the strings went totally unnoticed. :-[
Thanks!

kanonet

Gernot, do we need to get used to the new behaviour regarding keywords in variable names, that breaks old code, or will you return to the old behaviour?
I vote for the old behaviour, but I can live with the new one too.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

kanonet - your code compiles now:
Code (glbasic) Select

TYPE TTest
FUNCTION bug: f$=""
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

Does your V11 not compile it? I think I fixed that in the last new setup.

kanonet

I use V11.171 and this hotfix: http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8559.msg72640#msg72640 is there anything newer?
And this code works for me now, no more problems with strings+types! :good:

My question here was regarding an other issue:
Till V10 you could do this:
Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE TTest
  select%
ENDTYPE

But in V11 this always get changed to SELECT% and throw an compiler error.

I can live with this (and maybe its cleaner to avoid keywords in variable names), but I would like to keep the old behaviour if possible.

Quentin

IMHO it's always a bad idea to use keywords as variable names. Unfortunately something like "select%" was allowed in version 10. Good to see that this was corrected in V11.

Kitty Hello

I think the bug is in the editor that auto capitalizes a bit more agressively now. There was a bug with inline as well, no?

kanonet

Yes the problem was known with Inline in older versions too. But the more aggressive one is new in V11.

Omadan

I just updated to V11 to try out the html5 thing.

It does not compile for me.

Any ideas about the following error?
----------------------------------------------

*** Configuration: HTML5 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.160 SN:93e5e343 - 3D, NET
Wordcount:5 commands
compile+link:
Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\..\llvm-3.0.release\bin\llvm-dis: No such file or directory
llvm-link: Not enough positional command line arguments specified!
Must specify at least 1 positional arguments: See: Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\..\llvm-3.0.release\bin\llvm-link -help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc", line 901, in <module>
    extra_files_to_link.append(shared.Cache.get(name, create))
  File "Q:\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\emscripten\tools\shared.py", line 1041, in get
    shutil.copyfile(creator(), cachename)
  File "Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc", line 873, in create_libcxxabi
    shared.Building.link(os, in_temp('libcxxabi.bc'))
  File "Q:\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\emscripten\tools\shared.py", line 690, in link
    assert os.path.exists(target) and (output is None or 'Could not open input file' not in output), 'Linking error: ' + output + '\nemcc: If you get duplicate symbol errors, try --remove-duplicates'
AssertionError: Linking error:
emcc: If you get duplicate symbol errors, try --remove-duplicates
exit
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 36.5 sec. Time: 23:57
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Thanks

Top Arcade Apps - Best game for mobiles and computers

http://www.toparcadeapps.com

Jonás Perusquía

HTML5 compilation still not available
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

Hemlos

@omadan and Ruidesco:

I had problems when i installed V1 previous to the current version.

This is the current version:
GLBasic IDE, Version: 11.261

In order to get it to work proper, i needed to completely uninstall the previous version.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Ruidesco

Yes, the problem disappeared with a further update. :good:

Omadan

I uninstalled and installed v11 beta. html still not working and I get the same error msgs.

Any ideas?
Top Arcade Apps - Best game for mobiles and computers

http://www.toparcadeapps.com

MrTAToad

No, it wont compile yet