Future of Glbasic!

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

Ohhhh hi... :D

I did a Irrlicht-Wrapper, but i guess it was deleted over the years.
It was Win only (DLL's).

GLBasic should be set more focus on HTML5, yes!
I talked with Spacefractal about it, if Gernot or Spacefractal need help, i help :)

Ps: i merged the topic to this one Snoopy :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

SnooPI

I tested your wrapper for Openb3d, it was very good.
Do you still work on your Irrlicht-Wrapper?
I think it would be an additional selling point for the Steam version because Irrlicht is very popular. In addition, Irrlicht would be more powerful in 3D than the original 3D engine (even if at the beginning, it will be only for the Windows version).
I have no experience in the wrappers for GLB but I can help you if you wish.

Ps: Thank you for merging my subject.

bigsofty

Um, I actually did the OpenB3D wrapper.  :D

I actually think this https://www.bsframework.io would be a better fit. The author is currently writing an easy to attach API for 3rd party language bindings too.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

The BF-Framework structure is a mess to implement in GLB...

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

It's a bit convoluted I admit. I am hoping the binding API will simplify things though when it's available.

Another option is looking back at OpenB3D as it's license has changed(a bit) to allow non-LGPL with statically linked libraries. The original license was 100% LGPL, which meant, if you used the libraries you you had to opensource your game. This killed off me developing the GLBasic wrapper any further. But the developer of OpenB3D has since changed the license to allow a pre-compiled statically linked OpenB3D libraries to be distributed without LGPL.

The library has been developed further since then with a lot of modern features.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

BF-Framework is looking nice, but i have problems with include the headers...
Is there a way to set more includepaths like in VS?
Maybe we can create the Wrapper via DLL ?!

I'll try it later at home.

PC:

SnooPI

Quote from: bigsofty on 2019-Jan-16
Um, I actually did the OpenB3D wrapper.  :D

Oups... I confused two good creators of wrappers :)

It's cool for OpenB3D, personally, I was thinking about Irrlicht because it also had a very good GUI (a problem in GLB), but BF-Framework or OpenB3D can be a good alternative.

Quote from: Schranz0r on 2019-Jan-17
Maybe we can create the Wrapper via DLL ?!

Probably yes, like the excellent Norton-Wrapper (the perfect wrapper), but very difficult to implement.

For my part, I will test all this (and also still a little Irrlicht ... Yes, I <3 this engine =D)
Thanks for your new interest in wrappers, I really think this can be useful for the Steam version.

Schranz0r

Hmmm... i think i did it again... the start of something... sort of wrapper thingy...  :whistle:

See attachment :)

PC:

SnooPI

:D :D Awesome Schranz0r !

In addition it's with the latest stable version  :good:

Is it possible to test it?  =D

Schranz0r

The wrapper starts from new, nothing to test yet :)
I can put the source on github or bitbucket if you like...

PC:

SnooPI

Why not... It's easier for a team development.
But creating a sub-forum just for wrappers would be a good idea  ;)

Moreover, make a good demo with your wrapper (maybe associated with that of Norton) would be a good selling point for steam, particulary in the sales videos.

I'm looking forward to working with you (and others) on a good demo to show the power of GLB in 3D (even if only on Windows at the moment) for Steam users  :good:

bigsofty

Quote from: Schranz0r on 2019-Jan-17
Hmmm... i think i did it again... the start of something... sort of wrapper thingy...  :whistle:

See attachment :)
Lookin good! GitHub is also a good idea.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

more theme profiles to look like more mordern would been actuelly nice. MRPlov talked it about it in the steam keys section. Howover this is nothing im can do. Im my self allways just have used the default one and have newer changed it.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Schranz0r

Quote from: spacefractal on 2019-Jan-21
more theme profiles to look like more mordern would been actuelly nice. MRPlov talked it about it in the steam keys section. Howover this is nothing im can do. Im my self allways just have used the default one and have newer changed it.

Funny, thats what i wrote in the key-thread :D

PC:

spacefractal

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/