Rating ideas

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

I was thinking about better ways to get ratings on the stores (i can only comment on Android though) as competition is increasing.

tip : when linking back add &reviewid=0 to show review options over the description

tip: if using a review or rate us button I have discovered it is good to link to high score or 'num of plays'

e.g. If user scores high on your game then show the 'rate us' because chances are they like it

Encourange fans: offer a rating option in app and if the user chooses 4 or 5 stars then redirect to the playstore for them to enter their review. if not just respond with "thank you for your feedback"

I may build an example of a widget to do this and will share.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

that practial for only giving 4-5 stars is some people threat that as a cheat and abuse the rating system.

Just checkout Dungoen Keeper, which did that same practic, but that cheat gave a lots of backslash. One of the worst remake ever.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Well maybe the conditional redirect is a bit extreme...  :P
but I think offering the rating suggestion to frequent or high scoring players is quite okay (in my book)

A lot of the bad reviews can be from people who thought your app was something else or not their taste - but that type of user is not the target audience and ratings from these users should not be encouraged, I think.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

yep, it is a good way to ´remember´ people about rating.
I have no experience about such, but I guess if done kindly, people won´t go crazy.

The few apps I went back to rate had nothing to do with any push at all, I have done it because of it...but I´m not everyone :D
Thanks for the tips. :good: