GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

GLBasic is a strong language, if Gernot can not continue one day for several reasons, I will assure (but probably others) that it will survive ;)

This is for me a new standard of the basic language.

erico

Yep, I plan to use it till forever! :)
But nothing to worry I guess. Just a server change going on I guess.

spacefractal

he have annonced it a week ago, so its just server that got changed, of course that take some time to effect.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

Yes. I'm back on a Strato server. Moving was a pain, but on the long run, this is a good descission. They have robust servers and good backups. No need for me to care about the Linux.  I'm relieved now.

erico

SnooPI

In fact, I'm still afraid that Gernot can not continue or worse, that he gives up because of the lack of interest of new users (I really thought that the Steam version would attract more new users, and maybe Gernot too).
This is also one of the reasons why I launched a 3D demo (yes I know, a lot of delay :P the return of the holidays is more difficult than expected at my job), hoping to show with this demo all the power, despite its simplicity at first glance, of GLBasic to motivate new users.

In any case, it's very good news that everything works for new servers :good:

spacefractal

currectly im heard he is more focus on the HTML5/Javascript port, which is ace. Its a platform that got more more supported by various devices. Etc easier to ports really.

Currectly im did not do so much glbasic or used a competer. Has been focus on various Spectrum Next projects such,
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

Good to hear Gernot!  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

we let see what happens, its would been cool :-).

SnooPI

Quote from: spacefractal on 2019-Oct-13
currectly im heard he is more focus on the HTML5/Javascript port, which is ace. Its a platform that got more more supported by various devices. Etc easier to ports really.
Hmm, I remember we talked a lot about this famous HTML5/Javascript port  ;)
Like you, I always thought it was the best and simplest solution (although for 3D, there will be big difficulties).

Moru

Great with new server and backup!

Anyone know how much work and costs it would be to set up a humblebundle? Since the steam version is done it could be easy? I often see other game makers on there, like RPG maker and that other popular engine whatever it was called, and they do get quite a few sales if you can depend on the counter they display on the site.

erico

I think it is a matter of sending them an email to evaluate the product and from there you can take part.
Also, how are the image problem going on on the forum?

I was going to repost some stuff but better wait till the full transition.