New website

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

I updated the website to a more modern html5/css3 layout. Eas the best I could come up with :(
I hope it also works for mobile now.

Qedo

on my android works perfectly.
Thank you
:good:

spacefractal

most people seens to use Android and not iOS. so mightbeen the old 3gs image should change to a more modern phone? Except that, nice page.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

On iPad Pro the menu on the left does not scroll quite to the end, it's halfway through the "Get a degree" section. The font on the main screen is a little large but this could be because this is a big tablet is running mobile Safari. Also, is Raspberry Pi not a supported platform?

Otherwise it's looking much better on mobile!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

Way better then the old one :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Alex_R

Great!! I can see the web properly in my iPhone. Good job!  :)

spacefractal

Also Apple Tv is Also supported. Actuelly Apple perfect us to use "iPhone, iPad and IPod" rather than iOS as name. Apple TV is based on iOS as well, but uses tvOS as name.

Apple TV do require GameInput API (which I'm want to expand to all supported platforms).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Nice news. I will check it out better  as soon as my internet is back.

GarBenjamin

Been a while since I was last here.

I was happily surprised when the website came up. Looks so much better now. On desktop and on phone. Great job!

erico

Checked it by desktop.

It looks ok, very similar to what the new google pages are offering (ye the 3 lines as a menu call).
I see lots of big letters and less images, we could use images here and there.

I´m to update the logo for a long time and will try to do so soon in case you need it.
The little book images on the left are a bit too dark.

Not much else for now, will try on mobile too later.
A page update is something we have been looking for a long time, well done!

Schranz0r

adding a slideshow is bringing more life into the frontpage, maybe the Archive-Entrys?!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

@erico. Download the css and fix the colours or add a logo. It's a very small stylesheet.

MrPlow

Looks much better...a nice banner graphic with screen of Aquaventure and other titles might be nice too - or even do what all the others do and use Stock Photos :)

Little or no mention of Android in the pages yet I am making ALL my Android games using GLBASIC...

Sample of text from home page - no mention of Android

Write a program once, then compile for Windows, Apple Mac OS X. Start your iPhone development, Linux, PocketPC (Smartphone and Windows Mobile) and GP2X/Wiz without changing the source code at all.

I think you de-clutter the offering and menion only
Windows / Mac / Linux / iPhone / Android and more...

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2016-Nov-26
@erico. Download the css and fix the colours or add a logo. It's a very small stylesheet.

I will try to figure that out, I´m winds when it comes to homepage programming or the likes.
I got some bad work to do these 10 days I will see to fit it in.
If I can´t I will let you guys know.
At least I can do something about the images.

As for a gallery, we had so many great games done these past years we really shouls show them off.
...and Mr.Plow is right, android must be there.

erico

Some quick note, I tried the site on my phone and it is all fine, including font size.
Will check the css and layout as the new year comes by, quite busy to finish this year already. :)