TH_AVOCADO MAYHEM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

Just "Touch to start" is fine.

"Insert Coin" could been somewhere a hidden text, if you found a tiny arcade machine (falling as normal), which could cause this message after a Game Over. Could been fun to use t hat as a Eester Egg. Personligt im dont mind it.

Even im do like "Insert Coin", im even used that for a older windows game in BliztzMax, im just not sure in a mobile game, which might cause bit confuction, even its only a bit for fun.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Yep, I might change it.
This is already a super hard game, able to cause "rage quit" which I have been trying to tone down while not milking it too much, multiple endings help this front.
I sure don´t want more confusion than the gameplay already has. Thanks for the note.

I also have to find a place to credit us all, probably on the menu, but if it gets long, I might have to drop the "LAST SCORE" thing.

r0ber7

I love how this is something from your youth which you made real.  =D
The graphics are really cute. I haven't seen a download link, maybe I missed it, or is this still in dev?

erico

It is on the final stages of dev.
I sent a copy to a couple people for testing and pandora check but the final release should be anytime this year (please please heavens!).

I will probably also do some sort of post material and I believe I can recreate the very coco original graphics too.
Not really press material but an article on how this got made and its numbers.
Disguised publicity, one may say, but usually a healthy style of plug.

Also, I just checked on google maps where I used to live and the avocado tree is alive and kicking. :booze:

MrPlow

Look forward to trying out final version - android version too??
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Yep. That is what the video on the last page is about.
Take a look. Let me know if that system to show how to play seems ok.

nabz32

Count me in at the closed beta, O have been waiting so long to play this.

Ian Price

Looking good erico. You're finally putting this to bed :D
I came. I saw. I played.

UBERmonkeybot

I can do some beta testing  if you want.

spacefractal

Im got a quite early on last year and even in that state, it's was fun.

I'm can still Eventuelly help with a Eventuelly ios port and Eventuelly for Apple TV.

The last platform do require GameInput support and detecting and support for the remote (require a one button scheme). Here I'm can Eventuelly do a little function for you how it's could work...

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

I have been showing the game to lots of people to iron out whatever on the final touches.
It seems people like the insert coin, and the youngsters don´t care at all.
I know that is just my city, but I think I will keep it.  :)

I do have to look at gameinput at some time, this game needs only 2 directionals and a jump button to be used in combination with them.
Thanks for offering help, I will push to common pc stores, indie handhelds and android first, then we take it from there. :good:

spacefractal

if people dont mind, let it been keep in :-D.

You can also used Left/Right and two button (X, B), X to Jump Left and B to Jump Right. A button can also been used with the dpad as well (just like im did in Karma Miwa).

If releasing on Apple TV, then you might want to use the diagonals (Q-bert style) instead, which would suit the trackpad fine, when remote is being used (easy to detect it).

erico

Here the 3rd ending. An almost dog house...kids are scared.
edit: it is going to be a windy night here.

spacefractal

a bad endning. Do you plans to do 13-14 endnings?

erico

yep, the idea is 16 different houses to depict each end, but it is going to take a little while to finish it.