IDE crash

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Had the IDE crash on me for some reason.  It had just finished displaying an error during compiling :

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          03/05/2011 19:49:19
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Nicholas-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: EditorE.exe, version: 2011.112.0.0, time stamp: 0x4db164f7
Faulting module name: EditorE.exe, version: 2011.112.0.0, time stamp: 0x4db164f7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003dfcd
Faulting process id: 0x4b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc09950663dcbe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\EditorE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\EditorE.exe
Report Id: 0d33ec24-75b6-11e0-abaf-6c626d892ca3

Kitty Hello

Aw, bad. If you could reproduce it, that would help :/

MrTAToad

(Un)fortunately it rarely happens, even with a lot of compiling.  The same goes for the whole keyboard being effectively ignored

MrTAToad

Had another one today - it appears to happen when clicking on a error line, but not all the time...

Yes, that seems to be the cause - its frequent, but not always the first time.

I think it happens when I was using a keyword as part of a variable (NOT_VALID%), with the output area displaying _VALID%, and when the offending line is clicked, the IDE crashes then...

I am almost certain the crash occurs when clicking on an error line, although its not every time, and the error line can just be a normal syntax error one...

MrTAToad

Still doing it unfortunately...

Kitty Hello

If you can reproduce it, would it help if you can view my computer in teamviewer and try to make it crash?

MrTAToad

Or would it be easier on mine ?  Either way would be okay!

Kitty Hello

No. I need the debugger and libs and IDE when it crashed. Also the debug version must crash here.

MrTAToad

Fair enough - let me know when you want me to log-in...

I've now worked out what makes it crash - and can reproduce it every time now  :nana:

Just click on an empty line and the IDE will crash :)  You dont even need to compile anything - just click in the Output window...

I've setup a private YouTube video if you want to view it in action...