Previous Project Persists on Compiling

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimaro

I've tried this many times and still get the same result:
After closing a project and opening a different one the previous project is compiled and not the current.
Closing GLB and then re-starting solves it but why should this happen at all.
This is the only problem I am having with GLB but it's very frustrating.
Is there a way round it?
Seems like a buffer isn't being cleared. O_O

MrTAToad

That is odd - never had that problem.  Can you supply the project(s) ?

bigsofty

Did you try and see if the old executable process is hanging around in Task Manager?

Also, make sure you have the correct "Platform Configuration" in your project options for your target, even if your doing a Multi-platform Build.

Can you paste some console compilation output messages here?

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kuron

Kimaro:  Are you sure when you are opening a new project that you are actually clicking on open project icon (the blue folder) and not clicking on the open document icon (the yellow folder)?  Making that mistake will replicate your problem.

Kimaro

I'm totally embarrased. I was opening from the wrong folder icon and also naming all my application folders Program.app.
After a bit of experimenting everything works fine.
Thanks everybody for your input. This "Problem" has been driving me nuts.
:nw:

Kuron

Quote from: Kimaro on 2010-Apr-30I'm totally embarrased. I was opening from the wrong folder icon
Don't be embarrassed, how do you think I knew what to ask?  :whistle:  I took the easy way out, and I heavily modified the IDE.  I can no longer click the wrong icon as it isn't there anymore  =D  The little things like that get us all  :D