Something important I guess

Previous topic - Next topic

Omadan

Hey all. I found it hilarious that there are many people that have hacked and downloaded my Apps. Nice one. Its really sad the fact that people
don't want to pay for apps that cost £0.59. Obviously we cannot do anything about it, but would In App Purchase have more control over that.
If people unlock your game contents via IAP I think you cannot get hacked that bad? Maybe I'm wrong in my statement.
Top Arcade Apps - Best game for mobiles and computers

http://www.toparcadeapps.com

Slydog

Great question.  IAP, if jailbreak proof, should sure help everybody's sales.

And, IAP even simplifies the 'Free' version plus 'Paid' version concept.
Now you only have to manage one app, and it's free to download, then you can sell them more content later.

But of course you need to implement IAP, which may not be easy.
And not all games can apply this model I assume.

[Edit] "many people that have hacked and downloaded my Apps" . . . well, you could feel good that people liked it enough to steel it!  :enc:
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

erico

IMHO I would say people should work for those that pay, don´t bother for the pirates.
It has been a trend lately that indies release/sell their desktop games on alpha version and so can account for those that pay and still check those that don´t. Apple store related you could do the same, implement your game slowly but constant with updates, that way some people may get bothered to break into every update...

...if it has been pirated, it´s because it´s good, extra marketing.

XanthorXIII

Watch out for Lodsys, they're going after people using in app purchasing at the moment. Best hold off until the courts can get this mess solved.
Owlcat has wise

okee

I think it undermines that whole bullsh"t argument by pirates/crackers that
the reason they pirate/crack is because software is too expensive.....
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Crivens

QuoteI found it hilarious that there are many people that have hacked and downloaded my Apps
How do you find out it has been hacked and downloaded?

Yeah, in app purchasing is right at the top of my wish list. It would make everything a lot easier to manage plus has brilliant possibilities for getting more revenue. Ampos said he had a solution that would be coming soon, but has been a bit quiet of late. Any news Ampos?

QuoteWatch out for Lodsys
I would't really worry about it until you have something to worry about if you ask me. My last game has so far sold peanuts and a small percentage of peanuts would be hardly anything. If I magically made anything near an Angry Birds game then I would be happy to give them the couple of grand it would be. If they could find me in Bermuda... At the end of the day I wouldn't worry about it at such a small level.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

matchy

Yes, I have kindly created a InApp prototype wrapper last month and I'm hoping Ampos is beta testing it.

msx

Quote from: matchy on 2011-Jun-28
Yes, I have kindly created a InApp prototype wrapper last month and I'm hoping Ampos is beta testing it.

Do you have already accepted the application in App Store?

matchy

Yes, an old app was accepted but I did not set up the admin correctly so it wasn't working correctly so I've removed it. For now, I'll have to try to create a new app and submit again in the future.

msx

I hope you have luck in the second attempt.  :good:

Omadan

Matchy im after InApp bigtime. InApp and facebook incorporation is all thats left for me. If you want me testing or anything like that Id be happy to help, else Ill just wait.
Thanks.
Top Arcade Apps - Best game for mobiles and computers

http://www.toparcadeapps.com

djtoon

matchy