Bonkers suggestion

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

No, the problem will be auto-caps on keywords, if you type "print" instead of "PRINT", glb will say syntax error.
As a workaround for the previous problem, create a dummy-file and type a space in it every time you want to compile. GLB checks what files changed and recompiles them (as long as you didn't do the PrInT mistake above :-) )

Kitty Hello

if you close all source files in the GLB IDE, it will compile the saved files edited externally.

bigsofty

Command line arguments(calling the GLBIDE remotely) would be the easiest to integrate into 3rd part IDE/editors and maintain the GLB reg protection I think, as that's the bare minimum required by most IDE's.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moru

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jun-09
if you close all source files in the GLB IDE, it will compile the saved files edited externally.

No, if you have no source-files open, the compile/run buttons gets grayed out.

Gary

My only main gripe about the IDE is inconsistancy in the auto caps function.

If you have a function called say "print_titles" and as you are typing the name you type

printt

you hit delete to remove the extra t and print is then converted to upper case rather than waiting for a space to follow it

not sure also why typing "switch" converts to green until you type a letter after it. Is that left over from the SELECT/CASE convention?

mentalthink

for my the IDE it´s very good, only the default screen colors, are a litle breaker-eyes, and only another thing, Gernnot you can add some short-Cut for view the media folder.

Well I think have all the command of the menus whit shortcuts, can be very usefull and quickly, perhaps I look from the 3d software perspective.  :-[ :-[

Dark Schneider

Take in mind that BASIC always had its own enviroment, and for developing in BASIC you were forced to use that enviroment. So restricting to these rules is not bad at all for us the old-BASIC-users  :)

Maybe that idea of external compiling feature could be the begining of porting GLBasic to other platforms, like Mac.