Anyone tried GlBasic in Windows 7?

Previous topic - Next topic

mykyl66

I am looking to get a small windows laptop to do my coding on (I don't like having windows on my macs) and one in particular has the option of upgrading to Windows 7. I just wanted to know if there are any issues with this.

Cheers

Mike R

Kitty Hello

Schranz0r has it running in 7, RC 1 w/o problems.

mykyl66

Stu_C

Windows 7  - 64bit here,  runs fine.

/Stu
www.ovine.net

Kuron

No problems with Windows 7, just make sure you install OpenGL capable drivers for your video card.

mentalthink

mykyl66

Excellent news folks. Will get my new system in the next couple of weeks. No more sharing my memory and processors with windows on my mac. :) Oh and proper hardware opengl. when testing windows builds lol. Caught me a couple of times with bugs I could not work out then realised its the software opengl that caused them.

Mike

BigAnd

Just installed a full retail Home Premium 64bit edition yesterday. GLBasic installs fine but when I come to run it I get:

Not got a clue how to fix this one  :'(
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

EDIT:
Forgot to say; When I first installed GLBasic it got to the "check for updates" and it also let me install the updates. Its only after that stage that I cannot now run the program from either the Shortcut or the Editor exe.

I have also tried different versions of vcredist.

BigAnd

That worked a treat, thank you very much sir!  =D

I had thought I had tried that very same file also the one from the Vista install fix. Ah well. Thanks again.

Kitty Hello

Oh dear! The setup should already have that included. Where did you install from!?

BigAnd

I installed from my original download so I imagine it will be pretty old now. The date on the file is 11 August 2009 but I am not sure if thats just the date it got put on my network drive.

MrTAToad

It does sound like an earlier version...