Awesome for GP2X support! How about Pandora?

Previous topic - Next topic

bustaballs

The Pandora, the unofficial successor to the GP2X will be coming out for public release soon. I was wondering if support for this would eventually be worked on as much of the GP2X user base will be migrating to this system.

www.openpandora.org

Ian Price

Gernot has stated that he would and has been asking the right questions over at www.gp32x.com re: Pandora.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope. By all accounts it should be a doddle porting stuff to Pandora - Gernot did it with the GP2X, so I'm hoping that Pandora will come naturally :)

Obviously until Pandora actually comes out and Gernot manages to bag one, we aren't going to see much via GLBasic :P
I came. I saw. I played.

bustaballs

That's awesome.

For windows dev, I'll be sticking with PB. However, once I grab a Pandora and this has support for it, I'll grab a copy of this as well. I love PB but Kevin isn't a very friendly person to new programmers. He's still cool and all, though. It's nice to see you all around the interwebs, Ian. =)

Ian Price

Kevin wasn't a particularly friendly person to well known PB users either - I asked him a simple question and he gave a real shit response (later edited), so I haven't coded in PB since or posted on the forums. I was one of the most loyal and ardent supporters, with regular contributions. Well, he shat that up the wall.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

I never stop being amazed about how many developers can afford to be unfriendly to their customers. PB, is that PowerBasic or something?

Kuron

If Pandora support comes to be, I hope and pray that Gernot will go the extra mile and support the Beagle Board directly.  This looks to be the BEST indie platform since the HYDRA:

http://beagleboard.org

Sebastian

François Vanzeveren

bigsofty

Is the Beagleboard the Pandora dev board?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kuron

Quote from: bigsofty on 2008-Sep-03
Is the Beagleboard the Pandora dev board?

QuoteNow, interesting news for those of you who didn't get a MK0 dev kit, TI have now started taking orders for the Beagle board OMAP3 development kit. It shares some main parts with the Pandora and those of you eager to get in to the development scene can buy one of these now, check out their site for more info, programs written on the Beagle should be quite easy to port over to the Pandora, it is certainly the closest thing to a Pandora devboard you can currently buy on the open market.

bigsofty

QuoteNow, interesting news for those of you who didn't get a MK0 dev kit, TI have now started taking orders for the Beagle board OMAP3 development kit. It shares some main parts with the Pandora and those of you eager to get in to the development scene can buy one of these now, check out their site for more info, programs written on the Beagle should be quite easy to port over to the Pandora, it is certainly the closest thing to a Pandora devboard you can currently buy on the open market.
[/quote]

Interesting, I wonder what cam first Beagle or Pandora? :P
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

bustaballs

Actually, I've heard that porting programs to the Wiz from the GP2X would be fairly simple for most devs. If this is true then I don't see Wiz support by GLBasic being too much of a hassle. I don't think I'll be owning a Wiz so I'm personally looking forward to being able to develop for something I use without having to learn a much more complex language.

Moru

I don't see myself buying a Wiz either, the Pandora looks much more interesting for my taste.

bigsofty

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Sep-11
I don't see myself buying a Wiz either, the Pandora looks much more interesting for my taste.

Im afraid I have to agree here, esp. since I already have a GP2X.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)