News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Cookery

Previous topic - Next topic

sf-in-sf

Between coding and coding, what is better than cooking some nice food to revigorate your tired brain?
This post is to invite you to show off your best kept cookery secrets. Is it a problem? It shouldn't, this forum is not about cooking  =D
Thanks every one!

Now guess what is my favorite cafe in Berlin? Wohnzimmer! (= living room, Helmholtzplatz).
On the day the atom is a cube I will start believing in the square pixel.

erico

Will do a cooked pig´s filet mignon later today with potatoes and onions.
I hardly cook anything interesting, I usually prefer barbecuing some nice meat or fish and get to the beer with friends.
Once in a while I pull out a lasagna made with albergine slices.

So not much. For xtreme cooking I have to resort to mother and grandmother. :P

mentalthink

Jajaj cool thread !!! the better for the brain and this is bases in scientific data , is Bannana (platano) and Jam (miel) this is like nitrometano for the brain...

For taste something real good , try to do "roast lamb with grape sauce" (I'm not sure if google translate fine) "Cordero asado con salsa de uvas" , awesome...

erico

Sure shot Mental! Cordero rocks in many fronts! :-*
Can you make it?

mentalthink

Can you make it?
JAJA this complex task are for super-mama   =D =D

sf-in-sf

Thank you for your interest and replies, ladies. Here is my personal trick:
In a frying pan, try and fry some red apples in a film of sunflower oil. When the apples are softer, add a bit of sugar and stir. It will make some caramel, it's normal. Then pour on top a mix of well beaten 3-4 eggs with a good splash of milk, a good spoon of brandy/whisky/cognac, 1-2 spoons of cream optionally, a pinch of salt, and half a spoon of oil. Finish cooking the omelette normally. Before the surface is solid, fold in 2, cook 1-2 minutes more, on both sides. Cut in 3 or 4, and serve with some cinamon powder on top. Look at the reactions and listen to the silence. (no one ever complained.)
On the day the atom is a cube I will start believing in the square pixel.

erico

Got that marked, if anything, the ingredients are ace enough! Thanks for sharing.
If I get around to boot that, will post a picture and share.

What about barbecued lobsters? ;)
North of Brasil they are cheap and of great quality. :good: