Cheaper and Cool Chip Music

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi guys just I find this in FB... a put because 10$ I think it's  a very good price for buy this music (I do), I liked all I lesten and I think have a good quality, seems are really musicians not hobby guys.

I leave the link if you want listen.

https://www.gamedevmarket.net/asset/racing-game-chiptune-soundtrack-bundle-1497/

MrPlow

Will check this out - but generally i like to get original tracks if i hope to get higher downloads...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

If you want try Magic Music Maker, it's really easy make a song with a "proffesional" quality, basically it's put samplers with very good quality and the result it's really good, I did a couple of test 2 years ago and it's a nice surprise look like sounds.

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Great link Mental, checked a few songs and they sound nice.

Here in my case I either try to contact the musician and work together to create something new or I push a few algo music creators and try to work from there myself.
I can use a tracker and write music (few years in piano a loong time ago :D) but whenever it gets to that, I usually don´t have time to do it myself. :(

mentalthink

Thanks MrPlow I take a look to this soft, I don't know nothing about it.

Jeje Erico, I remind the Amiga Mad Tracker or Protracker... really it's easy do something with trackers, the problem it's know to do music, really I'm very bad , the good point of the program we comment, it's the final quality, if you put with logic the samples you can do a very very good theme, and the quality it's like listen a CD or a very high quality device....

About trackers, for PC you have one for free, I think it's called something Milk, and can do very very cool music, in fact, the music of Fantasy Bricks I think I did with this soft... if you are interested I search, now I don't remind the name of the soft..  :S

erico

Yep I have milkytracker and madtracker here on my pc, both nice.
To create music, start with the bass. ;)
On the amiga, I had this GVT DSS 8+, lovely stuff.

On the procedural music stuff, try this one here:

https://github.com/wibblymat/ld24/blob/master/autotracker.py

It is a python code that will generate awesome music already as a tracker and very organized.
Really good stuff, if a bit hard to set up.

cheers!