Entity system - Space shooter

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin

Hi all,

some time ago I've started to play with the Entity system written by Gernot. So I decided to write a little to tutorial how to handle it. I think, with this system 3D programming will get as simple as it can be.
The tutorial will show how to implement the basics of a space shooter. You can fly your ship in space and shoot some asteroids. Hope some of you find it helpful.

In the attachment you'll find all project files needed and the tutorial text as a PDF file.

[EDIT]
FutureCow has corrected my translation, so its  in a better readable form I think.

have fun
Quentin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Moru

Great! I was hoping someone would take the time to translate your first tutorial from German but this is even better :-)

Mabe you could give a link to the .gbas files too for those that missed the german post?

Quentin

Oh sorry, my mistake. I took only the PDF file as attachment. Is corrected now. See first post. Attachment includes the project files too  :whistle:

bigsofty

Many thanks, I was trying to understand the German one (unsuccessfully :P), so this is a great help.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Billamu

Thankyou for the English version of your entity system. It's greatly appreciated!  :good:
I'm an Aries. I have lots of Ram.

Quentin

FutureCow offered me to correct my translation. Think it was a good idea as my englisch is far away from being perfect.  :whistle:

please download newly, if you want the corrected translation (many thanks again to FutureCow)