What is HTML5 and what can I do?

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

Qedo what's the problem ?

GLB works fine with HTML5 ?  It's cool ... Make an application for Android or IOS will not be a problem then.

My samples is just for the communauty.

Qedo

You did not understand, I'm saying the opposite and that GLB + HTLM5 works

SnooPI

Yes I understood so it's useless that I continue to work on a HTML5 translator if everything works well already (and therefore that there is no problem for Android and IOS apps).
If it's useless for the community, I stop, I have something else to do  ;)
Thank you Qedo for informing me  :good:

Qedo

But your commitment is welcome.
We always need to learn about the HTML world and understand how we GLB users can use it.
I thank you and I hope in your other projects.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

dreamerman

Nope, built-in html5 target for GLBasic works only with simple stuff, it's rather germ of what it could be. It works with tutorials, basic showcase projects.
At least in my feeling, throw any larger project, complicated code and that will crash. As code is compiled with emscripten, obfuscated and packed into binary (or whatever that process is called) there is no simple way to trace bugs, make workarounds and so on..
For example, for drawing I'm using only PolyVectors, with render2texture/page drawing for some effects all code written in GLB, working even on android, crashing with html5.
Current html5 target may be sufficient for someone, but at least I would be interested in any working alternative :-) Maybe not as main target/platform, but rather additional/bonus, but it would be nice if it could be also used to port games to other not supported platforms.

Happy New Year ;-)
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Qedo

But you are sure? some examples?

spacefractal

Im believe Gernot is testing a newer SDK for this, still not working but is working with it. A good JavaScript/HTML5 target can give better possible for doing ports to various targets. Such as the depreacted iOS using PhoneGap or such wrapper. This is my main personally hope.

Linux and mac ports could also been do something similar. The platform has been better in the recent years.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/