web design

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

what do you think? Any ideas for improvements? Any volunteers to help me?

Leginus

My php skills are virtually non existant, but I will help with gfx or something if you need it. 

MrTAToad

I do think the cyan text colour is a bit hard to read - perhaps make it a very dark grey or black...

Ian Price

I do like the overall style - clean and uncluttered. Not so keen on the cyan text (on buttons and menus) or the plain cyan logo, but everything else gets a thumbs up from me. :)

I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

Ya, the CYAN is nice looking, but hard to read.
You could try a darker CYAN such as RGB(0,100,100).
Or a colour half way between CYAN and BLUE, RGB(0,100,200) (or a darker variant).
Or between CYAN and GREEN, RGB(0,200,100).

But overall, very nice.

My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Slydog

And maybe a slightly grey background to the top buttons and side panel, to help them stand out a bit.
Would have to darken the graphics in the buttons maybe.
(or a very light CYAN background may work to keep the theme, RGB(200,255,255)

And I liked your original GLBasic logo with the black outline.
Maybe even the new CYAN logo with a black outline instead of a lighter CYAN outline.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

erico

I can help with gfx, but it will take a little while to do, probably logo and this kind of things.

Leginus

I think Erico has the edge on the gfx  :giveup:

erico

I guess we can all add to it if needed, there are a lot of type of graphics there I can't make it, the buttons, gadgets and color and layouts, it would just take me eons to come up with something...

Leginus

Your stuff is very impressive though.  Nice one!  :good:

Wampus

Why not pay a web designer to do it? Web design is very time consuming.

monono

I think it´s a good start Gernot. As it´s all about taste, here are some of my ideas:

• Sure the cyan, as mentioned before, has not enough contrast.
  • The buttons of the top menu are a little too rounded for me and should be scaled down vertically. 
  • At the home block I don´t like the rounded corners at the inside (between the white and the grey). A straight border would look cleaner.
  • The header shouldn´t be rounded at the bottom, too.
  • Mabe the top menu should be part of the header. It is looking a little bit lost where it is.

bigsofty

I like it, its very professional looking. If I had to crit I would maybe like the button outline and frame outlines, grey, to be a little darker to highlight them more,

What are you using to produce the website Gernot?

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

looks like a Wii-Menu :D

Not bad :booze:
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

it's based on the Wii website. :/
So far I used MSPaint. :D