Quiet...

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Its been pretty quiet here, everyone getting ready for Christmas?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kuron

We have been ready for Christmas for a while now.  My wife and I were in a bad car accident in mid-September and as soon as we got the insurance settlement money, we went out and bought Christmas presents for the kids.  Pretty much the only reason the kids will have a Christmas this year.

I rarely visit the forums, they are near dead, especially for us English speakers.

Project wise, I am still struggling with the mouse problems in Windowed mode.  I am frustrated enough that I am considering moving everything over to a new language that came out a week ago.

bigsofty

Im sorry to hear that Kuron, I hope your all well.

What language has been released?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

What's the problem? I've beenun using it for years, and I never had any huge problems. You will have much more problems with other languages, from my experience.

Synthetic

I've just been busy with work. 10+ hours a day, 7 days a week, but now I'm on temporary layoff so I actually have some time to devote to my project and helping other forum members if they need it. =D
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Kuron

QuoteWhat's the problem? I've beenun using it for years, and I never had any huge problems.
Still struggling with the mouse being trapped to the GLBasic window.  On some setups, it still is not releasing properly.

QuoteYou will have much more problems with other languages, from my experience.
Depends on the language, all have their pros and cons.  GLBasic is pretty complete, the only thing I really miss is read/data/restore.  I am just frustrated with getting the mouse working properly for everybody.

Kitty Hello

Try out SYSTEMPOINTER. It should be able to fix it.
For read/data/restore see DIMDATA. It's new and it's a lot better than read/restore/data. If implemented it on your demand.

Kuron

QuoteTry out SYSTEMPOINTER. It should be able to fix it.
I have and it doesn't fix the issue on all systems.  I am starting to see why one competing language quit using DirectInput for windowed mode and another competing language quit using DirectInput altogether.  

I am hoping that since MS has killed DirectInput off, that XInput will be better.  DirectInput under XP seems to have too many obscure issues.

QuoteIf implemented it on your demand.
I have never demanded any feature and that was not even a feature request.  On that I remember saying "this is not a request" as I figured it would be too time consuming to implement. ;)

Kitty Hello

It's a great improvement. I've used it a lot since then. Thank you for the idea. I'll have a look at XInput.