Xcode Warnings & Errors

Previous topic - Next topic

TI-994A

I've got some issues with iPhone development and hope that someone could help. Everytime I compile my GLBasic app in XCode, I get a whole lot of warnings, but mostly these:

Apple Mach-0 Linker Warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated

The app deploys to device and runs well, but what does it mean?

And also, I was getting a CopyPNGFile error when using the default GLBasic icon, which was resolved when I switched the icon with one from an XCode example. Why is that?

Thank you.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

TI-994A

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

kanonet

Use forum search? I found this, maybe it helps?
www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6256.msg49628#msg49628
www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=7590.msg62853#msg62853
Sounds like you can ignore them.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

TI-994A

Thanks kanonet; much obliged.

Might you have any idea about the CopyPNGFile error?

kanonet

No, since I dont have an iOS Device/ dont use XCode, sorry. Maybe someone else can help,or maybe you need to give more informations.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

Yes. Just ignore them.

TI-994A

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2013-Apr-20
Yes. Just ignore them.
Hello Gernot, and thank you for the answer; the CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated warning can be ignored safely.

Could you please advise on the other error: why do I get a CopyPNGFile error when using the default GLBasic icon?

spacefractal

Just ignore the cpu warning. Apple even still accept with those warnings with newest Xcode (to support iPhone 5)

I'm have seen the png issue. You might need to set all icons by your self, not using the default one. Also if you have upgraded glbasic recently (example from v10 to v11 beta), you might need to recreate the Xcode project from beginning.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

TI-994A

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Apr-21
... You might need to set all icons by your self, not using the default one. Also if you have upgraded glbasic recently (example from v10 to v11 beta), you might need to recreate the Xcode project from beginning.

Yes, changing the icons solved the problem. So, it seems to be an issue with the GLBasic default icons then. Thanks for the info, spacefractal.