GP2X - GLBasic Competition 2007/2008 Entries Showroom

Previous topic - Next topic

PeeJay

Well, of course, I have done DangerMouse on as many platforms as I could muster, but I certainly don't think it detracts from the desirability of the Gp2X - the PC and GP2X markets are totally different. Indeed, if anything, I suspect releasing a game on PC and GP2X is more likely to benefit the GP2X support rather than hinder it, using the principle "well, if you think it's good on your PC, imagine being able to carry it around in your pocket!"
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ian Price

Quote from: PeeJayWell, of course, I have done DangerMouse on as many platforms as I could muster, but I certainly don't think it detracts from the desirability of the Gp2X - the PC and GP2X markets are totally different. Indeed, if anything, I suspect releasing a game on PC and GP2X is more likely to benefit the GP2X support rather than hinder it, using the principle "well, if you think it's good on your PC, imagine being able to carry it around in your pocket!"
Indeed :)
I came. I saw. I played.

BasicMe

Ah, cool.  I always get a bit stressed if I think I'm offending people.  Never want to start an online feud!  ;)

You raise a good point too, PeeJay.  I reckon we can agree to disagree on the benefits of GP2X-only vs. wide platform distribution, since they both have pluses IMO.  I'll most likely change my mind down the road anyway (I'm generally a flip-flopper).

I most definitely plan to finish the maze game!  I've put too much work into it not to!  :P  But at this point, it's one of three additional WIP games I've got going, so it probably won't be the next one I finish.  I've got another puzzle-type game almost completed, so I'm planning to get that one out the door first.

PeeJay

Quote from: BasicMeNever want to start an online feud!  ;)
Ooooh, shame - online Feud would be one hell of a remake opportunity :D

Quote from: BasicMeYou raise a good point too, PeeJay.  I reckon we can agree to disagree on the benefits of GP2X-only vs. wide platform distribution, since they both have pluses IMO.  I'll most likely change my mind down the road anyway (I'm generally a flip-flopper).
Cool - I'm glad you can see both sides of the coin. After all, just because you've got a clock on your mantelpiece, it doesn't stop you having a wristwatch ......
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Quasist

Quote from: PeeJayAfter all, just because you've got a clock on your mantelpiece, it doesn't stop you having a wristwatch ......
if they do not use same equipment slot or phen-shui about bad karma

jbrodack

ASIGILA part 1: ButterFly  seems to detect whether you have a f100 or f200.  I'd like the option to select which controls you want, as the touchscreen controls, though definitely different for this type of game, are harder than dpad controls.

XaMMaX

2jbrodack, right now i rewrite game from beggining so ofcource will include it =) New version will be a lot of better, but not really soon, cuz i redraw a lot
Sry for my english

Albert

My homepage was visited from http://www.gp32spain.com/. Check this out, all of our entries are here!
Cool

Quasist

I would post all entries to gp2x.ru, but russian community is not liking puzzle games at all :-/

Ian Price

But a Russian invented the most popular game (and a puzzle game at that) ever - Tetris!
I came. I saw. I played.

Quasist

For intense gameplay I believe Tetris is an action game :)

Ian Price

Quote from: QuasistFor intense gameplay I believe Tetris is an action game :)
That's not what Wiki says - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris

QuoteTetris (Russian: Тетрис) is a falling-blocks puzzle video game, released on a vast spectrum of platforms.
I came. I saw. I played.

Quasist

If you repeat along the crowd, you cannot really develop something new.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.