Android - errors loading a project

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

gradle-5.4.1 is no longer supported in newest Android Studio, and we dont want using old Android Studio. Its seen he got it to work with a newer grandle that is supported (here using 7.1.0). so its the right way he do.

Also he have enable sdl controller thing, no idea its works. so this might meant we uses both code this time.

We make sure we do that change you did, which is a area im have not checked at all. so here you can do right.

SDLActivity.mSingleton.getPackage() can been a leaf from old android.bat version, no longer needed. More because we do extends its activaty without modify it directly, unlike the old version. Its property used a depreacted code.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Thanks for info on this...
Currently resolved other issues - I had a to use mintargetSDK of 26 for targetSDk of 31
which is not an issue..

And adding this seems to resolve a pendingIntent crashbug...for Android 12 users
Code (glbasic) Select
// For apps targeting Android 12, add WorkManager dependency.
    constraints {
        implementation('androidx.work:work-runtime:2.7.0') {
            because '''androidx.work:work-runtime:2.1.0 pulled from
      play-services-ads has a bug using PendingIntent without
      FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE and will fail in Apps
      targeting S+.'''
        }
}

I am trying next to fix interstitials to work for 20.4.0 GMS admob

Will update how I get on...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Kitty Hello

Android studio suggested another update of the gradle plugin and... it finally works!
I'll update the GIT tonight.

MrPlow

Excellent - assume it wont force update my existing android projects?
and the new Android format will fire on a new clean project only?

Comp:

MrPlow

Did you upload your aab to Google as well?
Comp:

Kitty Hello

No, just on git currently. But it should be quite stable. I just swa, there's a new Android Studio upgrade, again. Let's hope for the best.

MrPlow

Gernot,
if needed I could run the odd aab or apk file for you on my Browserstacks account... manually runs / tests from Android 8 to 14
I since found other interesting requirements to get my aab packages to run correctly "extract native libs"  etc.
Comp: