Access to Buffer Data ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

LOADSOUND "WAVE.WAV",1,1

PLAYSOUND (1, -1, 1)

i load a wav and want to have access to the Buffer or if not possible a way to save the wav ala savesprite.
thx

bigsofty

This would be cool addition, allowing for sample manipulation or generating samples algorithmically(using LFO's, filters etc.).  :happy:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

Try to implement/use OpenAL.
I can give it a try later today, if you still need this.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Marmor

Kitty Hello

I think we'd better go with "SOLOUD". That's a x-platform sound engine that does not suck (they say).

Schranz0r

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2021-Sep-27
I think we'd better go with "SOLOUD". That's a x-platform sound engine that does not suck (they say).

"SOLOUD..."

QuoteMultiple voices, playing different or even the same sound multiple times on top of each other.
Adjustable play speed, volume and pan.
Faders for all of the attributes (fade out for 2 seconds, then stop, for instance).
Filter interface and ready filters for low/high pass, echo, etc for real-time modification of audio.
Mixing busses for grouping of audio into different uses and adjusting their attributes in one go.
Gapless looping.
Queued sounds.
Playing several ogg streams at once.
Atomic operations for several sounds.
"Clocked" playing for rapid sound effects.
Sound effects synthesizer.
Speech synthesizer.
Support for various common formats like 8, 16, 32 bit wavs, floating point wavs, ogg, mp3.
Up to 8 surround speaker support, easily extendable.
3d positional audio.
Foreign interface support for python, ruby (and RPG maker), blitzmax, c# and more.
Exotic formats like MONOTONE, SID and TED songs.
Works with Emscripten.
Virtual voices.
Easy cleanup
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

I'll try to implement "SoLoud" today.
Looks very easy to work with...

PC:

Schranz0r

Ok, SoLoud is easy to wrapp into GLbasic.
You need the Headers (#include "soloud_c.h") + src-folder an the DLL.
Simple C syntax, i'm done with the start.   

Upload the project later today.

PC:

Kitty Hello

Is it? Maybe we should include it as the default sound engine, then?

Schranz0r

There is a way to link it static.
No clue how, maybe we can just use the source?
Sure, why not use it as default :)

SoLoud C-API:

QuoteUsing the "C" API
The glue file soloud_c.cpp can be found under the "src/c_api" directory.

You can either link to the generated DLL, which exposes the "C" API, or you can include SoLoud C++ sources (or static library) to your project along with the soloud_c.cpp file.

In your C sources, include soloud_c.h header file.

PC:

Kitty Hello

I ordered a Strato HiDrive account and will set up a Git repository. So we can use Git to act together. But, I failed to clone it. Maybe my work-configuration messes with the private account... I'll have to see.

Schranz0r

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2021-Sep-30
I ordered a Strato HiDrive account and will set up a Git repository. So we can use Git to act together. But, I failed to clone it. Maybe my work-configuration messes with the private account... I'll have to see.

Oh nice, hopefully you get it running.
Let us know :)

PC: