Infringements - help!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Ah yes :)

Use surgery in the keyword then :)

Kitty Hello

My keywords are:
operation, bibber, dr, doctor, doktor, surgery, skill, chirurg, anatomy, bone, heart, brain, surgeon, casual

Must I remove "bibber" as well? The game is called "Chefarzt Doktor Bibber".
Any good keywords missing?

Ian Price

Procedure, removal, op, patient, client, hospital, clinic
I came. I saw. I played.

ampos

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Mar-17
Any good keywords missing?

*love* off, Hasbro?
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Kitty Hello

too long. Pick 4 to remove:
bibber,dr,doctor,doktor,surgery,skill,chirurg,anatomy,bone,heart,brain,surgeon,casual,procedure,removal,op,patient,client,hospital,clinic

I think hospital, casual and brain might be quite common (i think of "My hospital" like games, and zombie searches).

Ian Price

I'd remove -

- "doktor"  - I think "doctor" is more readily used.
- "chirurg" - I'm sure most non-German speakers won't know what this means. I just had to look it up.
- "client" - I know it was my suggestion, but "patient" is more widely used
- "procedure" - I'd rather use the term "op" or "operation", but it is still used.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

How do they know what your keywords are? I am amazed that a common every day word can be trademarked in this way!
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

matchy

The trademark is not solely on the word. It is the relation to the image of a game that uses tweezers to carefully remove body parts. This would remind most people of the board game and confuse young.

Really, the only fair and good thing that Hasbro is doing is preparing for a line a video game based on their boardgames otherwise they are just deluded with their branding.

Dabz

Bit naff all this, and they know very well small developers havent got the clout to take them up on their challenges!

Ironically, Hasbro own Atari, which last year, nearly every developer that built  something that resembled a 1970's atari game were hit with C&D's...

We should start an internet campaign that tells people all about their little 'you have Operation in your keywords' bollocks and they should resist buying Hasbro games if they agree that they are too big for their boots!

Because sadly, biting them in the pocket is the only way these companies will ever learn!

Dabz

ketil

Why not try to turn it around an suggest an licensing deal with hasbro, and make an official version of their board game.
- fix the game up a bit (pro gfx ao.).
- have it relaunched with their marketing.

Win-win situation for all.
It's certainly worth a try :)
"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."

XanthorXIII

Interesting idea however I would be a bit weary of doing something like that. You probably would end up only getting $.25 on the dollar for each game sold depending on what type of deal Hasbro would make plus you could lose any creative control you had over the game. Also they may try to sneak a clause into the contract saying that if you under preform by such and such unit everything now belongs to them even the dog. Not that it would happen with them but I've seen some strange crap happen.

I'd say give it a shot but read that contract over with a huge magnifying glass and black lighting.

Owlcat has wise

Leginus

What about if you put ....  "co operatation"
Your reflexes of course need to cooperate with your tweezers.

I find it hard to believe they can get away with this kind of thing.  Maybe you can counter sue with cyber bullying :)

erico

Kitty Hello

OK, new update is out. Let's see what the sales will say.

Ian Price

Let's see if THIS gets a C&D/removal. It doesn't look or sound like the Operation board game, but it is simply called "Operation", which seemed to be the bone of contention.
I came. I saw. I played.