Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2013-Jan-26
Wow, that really amazing. Totally professional.

=D

Releasing a demo soon.

mentalthink

HI rober I like to ear this... Your game will be in steam... only will be for dekstop computers ins't?¿... Only Linux or Mac and Win...

Only a curiosity, the gameplay of yourgame how much time it's... beacuse all the videos you put, the game perhaps it's about 1 hour of play?¿...

Regards,

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Apr-27
HI rober I like to ear this... Your game will be in steam... only will be for dekstop computers ins't?¿... Only Linux or Mac and Win...

Only a curiosity, the gameplay of yourgame how much time it's... beacuse all the videos you put, the game perhaps it's about 1 hour of play?¿...

Regards,

I am looking into an iOS / Android adaptation. Many things in the code are broken right now. I intend to fix the biggest bugs, build some more levels, and release a demo. The length of the demo will depend on how many levels I feel like making, and the skill of the player. ;)

r0ber7

I updated the collision code, for the third time.
I now use a sphere radius calculation.
Luckily now the wizard no longer falls through the ground

r0ber7

Ok you guys,

I'm uploading an unfinished beta today or tomorrow. I told myself I wanted to release something by the end of may, and it's the end of may, so yeah. I haven't done much on this project for a while though, so expect it to be buggy and unfinished. Lately I've been working on an app for a client (which pays money) so I haven't had time to revise the levels or the collision detection or readjust the spells or all the other things I'd like to do. It's still a playable game though, so I figure I would give it to you so you can have some fun with it.

spicypixel

Very much appreciater Robert, and I hope this project reaches full fruition and pays you back handsomely  :good:
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

Hark0

Hello r0ber7, a fast question

Your game have a level editor?

TIA ;)
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

r0ber7

Yes. Expect to see many more new levels some day.

Here are links to download:

Linux version
Mac OSX version
Windows version

WASD to move, number keys select spells, left mouse click casts. Only spells 1 & 2 work correctly. Shop system is not balanced. Many bugs inside, some of them are game-crashers. Still, enjoy. ;)

mentalthink

Rober7 thanks for the game, but you don't sell after all this huge work?¿... but guy if you don't launch now wait some time... but thanks I go to play , I say a lot of times I love this game...

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jun-01
Rober7 thanks for the game, but you don't sell after all this huge work?¿... but guy if you don't launch now wait some time... but thanks I go to play , I say a lot of times I love this game...

:) I know, thanks! Maybe I will sell it some day, but right now I just wanted to share.  :good:

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

As you may have noticed, collision detection is completely messed up. At least it was, until today I tried this. Now it will only take some time until I've got all interactive objects in the game ported to my own custom physics engine, which I have been developing for some time. That means no more jittery movement, falling through ground and walking through walls, or magically "climbing" them. It also means I can have all game objects behave far more realistically in their response to a collision.

I also updated the map screen.

Code (glbasic) Select
Wordcount:11112 commands

Now I'm looking if I can get rid of one command, just to get to 11111 commands. :P

matchy

I'm so excited about this game!!!!111111!1!11!!!!!!  :D

kanonet

Yeah this release was way more buggy then your older one, hope you get this all solved easily and maybe will publish a newer version later. :good:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

r0ber7

haha

Quote from: kanonet on 2013-Jun-07
Yeah this release was way more buggy then your older one, hope you get this all solved easily and maybe will publish a newer version later. :good:

That's cause I was in the middle of doing a major rewrite of a lot of code, and then I didn't feel like it anymore. So when I started coding again, I was faced with half-finished work which I totally forgot about. But it's starting to pay off now. :)