Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

So cool can't wait to play it but I am surprised it's not going to be finished by the end of the year considering it's the only thing you have been working on, and with multiplayer and code rewrite, my bet is that we get more of this blog for another year.

Good work. :nw: :happy: :whistle: :good:

r0ber7

Quote from: matchy on 2012-Nov-19
we get more of this blog for another year.

Good work. :nw: :happy: :whistle: :good:

Thank you! Also, that's a good bet. ;-) However, this is not my only project, although it's the only one I do in GLBasic. I also work on website design & development and general computer assistance, which, for now, are my main source of income. Once I release this game, I'm hoping I can get a lot of income from that too. :)

I haven't posted in here so much, but here's something:

I've finished developing a UDP connection protocol. I now have similar functions as the NET commands, but with UDP. I can send both reliable and unreliable data. Basically, I implemented this. Players can join, get a user ID, and so on. I've programmed a simple chat interface which works fine and should be integrated into the main game without much of a problem. So now I'm focusing on:

1. Client-side prediction (movement)
2. Client-side interpolation (other players)
3. Server-side lag compensation

I really love working on this, but I also need food and a home, so sometimes progress is slow. :P

matchy

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Nov-19
I really love working on this, but I also need food and a home, so sometimes progress is slow. :P

Haha, I knew you'd respond like that. You also need blog readers and forum members to comment and motivate you also, dude.

Wampus

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Nov-19
I've finished developing a UDP connection protocol. I now have similar functions as the NET commands, but with UDP. I can send both reliable and unreliable data. Basically, I implemented this. Players can join, get a user ID, and so on. I've programmed a simple chat interface which works fine and should be integrated into the main game without much of a problem.

You're very quick! Was it really only 5 days to do a major reworking of your code AND get your multiplayer protocol working? It took me about a week to get my LAN/Internet networking stuff up and running but I didn't need to do as much as you when it came to handling UDP. All I did was create a broadcasting lobby system for establishing games for LAN/Internet and after that everything is done using the NET game hosting stuff.

r0ber7

I'm not that quick.  ;)

Still need to do a rewrite of the game code. Networking protocol, myeah that's about done. I learned network programming in C when I was a teenager (so I could mess with the school printer  :x), so it wasn't anything new. GLBasic makes networking really easy. Just need to kinda fit it into the main code now, which is the bulk of the work anyway. Will be quite the challenge.  =D

r0ber7

I'm moving house, and with the holidays and apocalypses there hasn't been much time for coding, but that'll come back. I did make a prototype for a boss.

Current code is running, but with many bugs because of changes in the base code. After those get worked out, I will focus on getting the network layer up and running.

Thank you all for your support this year. :)

mentalthink

uhmm Very nice extrange Big Boss!!!

Seems the end of the world, break all us the coding workflow...!!! I hope don't repeat to 39.000 years forward...  =D

erico

Boss sure looks menacing...great stuff going.
Keep it up, but more up, such a great  game!

matchy

Nice!  :good: Serpent King of Symmetry?

r0ber7

I was thinking of naming him Bile.

Here's some fireworks for you.

The audio department had a day off.

mentalthink

Nice Nice... I have a doubt about your game... the gameplay... how log it's?¿... So, I think when we playing the game, will be more than a hour?¿... I look a lot of screen yet, and I think you have a lot of work more to add...

Really impressive, the quick mode of work, and the huge development are you doing man...  :-* :-*

r0ber7

My musician friend is going to an indie game convention. I've made a teaser for the game for the occasion. I am moving house right now so little time is left for coding. More time spent carrying boxes. :-P Anyway, here's the teaser. Music is in-game music.

Wampus

Oh, so there are shoot-em-up areas flying on a bird now? Flippin' awesome. :D

matchy

It's look super cool and tune suits it well. We won't tell the musicians you are not coding at the moment as it might soften the shine.  :whistle: :nana:

Kitty Hello

Wow, that really amazing. Totally professional.