Infringements - help!

Previous topic - Next topic

XanthorXIII

Actually I wonder if this Icon for the Game is causing the problems.

It could be enough to cause a ruckus.
I'd get clarification but to be honest that does look like the Operation Game from the outset.
Probably a name change to wouldn't hurt. I'd go with Ian's suggestion for Doctor Doctor!
Owlcat has wise

matchy

Well look at that!!! Hasbro might be just releasing apps or just saving face.

In my case , I had to ask for specifics but it was obviously like HHHippos.

Here, it's not so easy because it might remind me of Operation or could just be the name.

From now on, I am aiming for complete originality.

erico

go for "PET SHOP DOCS"
and get it animal skinned.
...perhaps a gameplay update too with some extras.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

erico

PET SHOP VETS hehe :rant:

Minion

XanthorXIII

You guys just gave me a twisted game idea.
Owlcat has wise

MrTAToad

Indeed - you will need to get details from Hasbro about the problem - make sure that you get them to detail every thing they feel is a problem, down to the smallest detail.  But make sure that you give them a fixed time in order to reply.

I presume you wont want to challenge them...

Kitty Hello

The ask me to remove the keyword "operation" from the list, because it's a trademark.

So, I'm no allowed to include keywords like: risk, operation, clue, apple, cherry and whatnot then?

This world is going so crazy...
But, OK - I'll drop that keyword. I hope sales won't totally stop then.

backslider

operation is a trademark? o.O What the *love* is going on?

Next time they will forbid your name "Gernot" because the actor in a game is named like you. -.-

MrTAToad

Could call it Surgery...

Kitty Hello

It's not "called" Operation, it's "Dr. Shiver". They complain about having"operation" as a keyword.

ampos

Also, you can not use windows, twist, magic,... nonsense.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Ian Price

"Operation" is the name of the game in the UK, however, you are performing an operation in their game and yours.

That's a pretty dodgy/flimsy reason to request a removal of the game. There are over 70 iPhone apps that have "Operation" in their name or as a tag. Are they going to request all should be removed? I could understand if your game was called "Operation", but they're just taking the piss.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

Does Apple provide any help for developers who are approached in this was via the app store? This seems very unfair to me and may to them. It's a blatant case a lawyer bashing,where the threat of legal action has more power than the validity of the case.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)