GETDESKTOPSIZE

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

How long are you waiting for the program to start up again after minimizing and bringing it up again? I have seen heavy games after minimizing, taking very long time to get back again since they have to swap out and back in. Could take 5 minutes sometimes if you are very low on memory and fragmented swapfile.

Hemlos

This is on an SSD and 8 gig of ram...swap is off.
The program remains black indefinetly, ive let it sit there for a long while.

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

Hemlos, please forgive me for making the following joke: when looking at your 1st post here the compiler exactly tells you where the problem is, so no need to guess etc. So I think I know why you dont use debug mode: you simply dont know how to read it.  :D
Sorry mate, joke aside, you probably have done something like this:
Code (glbasic) Select
LOCAL a#
LOCAL b%

GETDESKTOPSIZE a, b

And this will give the error you described. You cant mix Ints and floats in GETDESKTOPSIZE (and probably a few other commands that have reverence arguments). Make both arguments ints or both floats and it works just fine. And that is exactly what the compiler told you.

About the other issue (hanging window) please dont span this over many threads, keep it in one.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

Thats the point...ts not a syntax error, yet a compiler error.....
This matter to idiots like me.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

Actually GETDESKTOPSIZE is only defined if the arguments are either both DGNATs or both DGINTs. If you mix data types or use any other data type (e.g. int64) it is not defined and be considered as a user/syntax error. But IMHO this would need to be stated in the help file.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Moru

This is exactly why it says at the bottom of the error report "Please post this on the forums".

Schranz0r

Code (glbasic) Select
LOCAL sx%, sy%

GETDESKTOPSIZE sx, sy
SETSCREEN sx, sy, FALSE

WHILE TRUE

PRINT "Ein kleiner Test :D", 10, 10

SHOWSCREEN
WEND
END

The coordinates are wrong after SETSCREEN to Desktopsize...
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Technically it is correct - unfortunately with borders it means that not all of it can be displayed...