TSetup

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Good stuff Mr T! :D

Unfortunately I'm working on some sub-contact stuff just now and I am really trying hard not to be distracted by having a play with your interesting library! :P
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

You need to put the important stuff first :)

MrTAToad

It is now feature complete - have added Mappy loading and displaying routines (although collision/tile detection needs to be added).

Here is a quick video showing the tile mapping system displaying a map, fading the screen and vector graphics :

mentalthink

MrT you don't think in make an Editor for your code, something like Unity but using your lib?¿, I suppose this huge work will be of pay...

The logo it's very very cool.

MrTAToad

The problem with RAD system's like Unity is that they limit your coding abilities - you have to do things their way which may not be the best or easiest way - or even what you want to do anyway!

To put it bluntly, RAD systems allow those without any preposition to programming to create things without understanding why, where, what.

Glad you like the splashscreen logo - that was my third revision.

MrTAToad

This has item animations for angles, scaling and positioning now :

I need to update the loading system as each item is currently using over 192K due to how proportional font data is setup - this is quite unacceptable and should be cut down to hopefully just over 192K for proportional fonts and around 1K for everything apart from vectors.

Each area also has its own loading system, which needs to be merged into one system too.