iPhone 4GS

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Anyone else deeply unimpressed?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

bigsofty

It's quite nice but its more of a gentle upgrade instead of another quantum leap IMHO. There is an unexpected lack of innovation here, which was the biggest surprise.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hark0

I jump directly to 5.

This new 4S are maybe a upgrade... not really necessary.

;/
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Yodaman Jer

Tim Cook just can't motivate the audience like Steve Jobs can, although he still did a great job; that would NOT be an easy "job" to fill... :D

But yeah, it sounds more like a gentle upgrade. But at least Sprint has it now. Poor AT&T must feel sad that now they've got to compete with two other companies.
Click the pic to go to my development blog!

Nathan

Can't say I'm that impressed.  But what was the general reaction when the 3GS was launched, can anyone remember?
However, $199 for the 16GB version is surely a good price and will sell by the bucket loads?

Crivens

QuoteBut what was the general reaction when the 3GS was launched, can anyone remember?
I think the reaction was similar to now although it got better when it was obvious the 3GS was significantly more powerful than the 3G. I bought mine on the day of release and there were people in a long line at shops.

Quote$199 for the 16GB version is surely a good price and will sell by the bucket loads?
I think that's with contract though. Plus doing the amazing UK pricing magic that will probably come out at £200. Come to think of it, with Amazons latest UK pricing then it might be more like £250 ($385). And yes, of course it will sell by the bucket loads.

Cheers

bigsofty

Yeah, exchange rate+tax is messed up in the UK, it's cheaper importing, even with the added import tax sometimes...  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Or going to the cheapest place in the US for the weekend, getting a device and coming back again. I would bet the difference would go a long way to making that weekend free.

Cheers