Something strange in android

Previous topic - Next topic

msx

I have an application that works properly in IOS and WebOS, however displays images and texts with strange effects in Android.

Attached image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Minion

Are you using USEASBMP ? Ive had a similar effect with that.

msx

MrTAToad

What resolution is set in your program and what is the resolution of the device - I suspect they aren't the same.

msx

I use STRETCHSPRITE to resize the screen and GETSCREENSIZE to find the screen resolution, but i get very strange results because this command answers me  320x480 in a HTC Wildfire with a resolution QVGA (320x240).

In any case I've also tested on a single screen without resizing and I have the same result.

Kitty Hello

it looks like either a texture is "broken" (DRAWSPRITE no, 0,0 to test)
or the drawing of this texture is wrong. The error is only in the background of the info-areas?

are you using polyvector?

msx

I'm not using Polyvector. The problem appears in PNG and BMP files interchangeably, however this does not happen with LOADBMP.

P.D.: Why not work well GETSCREENSIZE in Android?

Kitty Hello

Try to make a smaller example to see the problem, maybe in one line of code?

msx

This afternoon I will do tests to give more details.

Thanks

mentalthink

I think can be error in the resolution at compiling, or ....

you have some setscreen command, I rebenmer I have a similar trouble in my android for this command.

msx

I still have the same problem.

Attached two screenshots in the android emulator, choosing a HVGA resolution (320x480). In addition, using GETSCREENSIZE I get 213x320, you can see at the top of the screenshot #1. Why?.

The effects in the emulator are faithful to reality.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

QuoteIn addition, using GETSCREENSIZE I get 213x320, you can see at the top of the screenshot #1. Why
Probably because the XML forces the program to return that size...

It looks like your graphics have multiple transparency layers...

spacefractal

first at all, check AndroidManifest.xml and set android:anyDensity to true. That should return the correct resolution with GETSCREENSIZE.

Also Emulator is not very good at all, and can mess out the graphics and a lots of thing is not supported (and is slow as hell). Here POLYVECTOR was a total mess and noting works, but have works nice on two tested phones.

SETSCREEN should also not been used (not checked the code) for mobile versions.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

caffeinekid

I have had a report that my Android app only shows half the screen (I think that's what they said I'm trying to clarify) on his HTC Wildfire - perhaps this is the same problem?

msx

It does not work.  :noggin:

The images are made with photoshop and probably have several layers of transparencies. They are saved as PNG files using the "Save for Web & Devices" option.

On the other hand, the texts are not working correctly and I'm using the UO_DiNGSFont_v4 application for generating the text  with transparent background.

Quote from: caffeinekid on 2011-Oct-05
I have had a report that my Android app only shows half the screen (I think that's what they said I'm trying to clarify) on his HTC Wildfire - perhaps this is the same problem?

Yes, My problem occurs in small resolutions like HTC Wildfire -320x240- (used for my test).