Gl_B Updates info

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

Sorry for stupid question, but I read in a post that Gl_B has been updated to version: 12.243
It's true or it's an error????

MrTAToad

Not yet it hasn't...

Kyo

Ok.....  :booze:

Hopefully at soon a new update, with fixed sound/music for Android and many other news ...  :good:

Marmor

sry for my ignorance but what exactly is the sound issue on android ?

erico

The only problem soundwise I had on android was when playing repeated short sounds, like a machine gun. They don´t quite play on the supposed rhythm as on PC.
Here I´m hopes of a fix on USESCREEN and virtual screens for MAC and PANDORA. ;)

Kyo

1) little delay to start sound
2) what erico said

erico

I don´t get delays on sound start though, it plays fine and in sync time here.
You might wanna check your sound compression, or are you relating to music?

Kyo

For sound, I use wav 352kbps .
But the delay is heard on Android version 4.2 (is less evident in later versions)

The Music work fine (i use mp3)

spacefractal

SldMixer do have issues with delays on some devices. This is property newer fixed. You should checkout AndroidExtras, which uses SoundPools and MediaPlayer for sound. They seen much more stable.

More important is really fix the vsync and the virtual image issues on the Mac, rather this issue.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Jul-07
SldMixer do have issues with delays on some devices. This is property newer fixed. You should checkout AndroidExtras, which uses SoundPools and MediaPlayer for sound. They seen much more stable.

More important is really fix the vsync and the virtual image issues on the Mac, rather this issue.

I test with AE, but I have many sounds and I have not figured out how to load more than 4 sounds with AE.  :S

Another thing to fix in the next update of GL_B is VSYNC on and off.

erico

44.100hz going at 705kbps works fine here and did fine when my android OS was 4.2

spacefractal

but whoes on some systems (on tab 2 and on Ouya, its something lag like hell, until restart the app), which why soundpool is better. You can load more than four sounds, just use the same buffer for other sounds.

etc you can uses hero sounds for buffer 1, background for buffer 2 etc. Im do not sure im will do something tweek the buffer system throught.

But actuelly its not a important issue to been fixed really. The mac one is more important.

also should this thread not to been moved to the glbasic en forum?

Also can its been due the update is not checking for the newer update, but is released silent for the background (or something like that?). But soon im see the update, im will eventuelly checking AE for that of course.

OS. Its also seen glbasic does not actuelly overwrite the whole project, like its did before. Was that fixed in 12.096? The xCode project needs update to works with iOS7, but im have uploaded that fixes to a another thread.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

Quote from: erico on 2014-Jul-07
44.100hz going at 705kbps works fine here and did fine when my android OS was 4.2

I'll try, but I think that depends not only on the version of Android, but also the smartphones model .

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Jul-07
but whoes on some systems (on tab 2 and on Ouya, its something lag like hell, until restart the app), which why soundpool is better. You can load more than four sounds, just use the same buffer for other sounds.

etc you can uses hero sounds for buffer 1, background for buffer 2 etc. Im do not sure im will do something tweek the buffer system throught.

But actuelly its not a important issue to been fixed really. The mac one is more important.

also should this thread not to been moved to the glbasic en forum?

Also can its been due the update is not checking for the newer update, but is released silent for the background (or something like that?). But soon im see the update, im will eventuelly checking AE for that of course.

OS. Its also seen glbasic does not actuelly overwrite the whole project, like its did before. Was that fixed in 12.096? The xCode project needs update to works with iOS7, but im have uploaded that fixes to a another thread.

Yes, but I have about 40 sounds, and do not know how to organize them on all 4 channels of AE.  :S
Regarding move this conversation began with the request for information last upadate so I guess we're not in OT!

Eventuallythe Admin move it in the appropriate section.

spacefractal

uses a array of Tsound Object with GLOBAL SOUND[] AS TSound, DIM the number of sound samples you want to uses, and then init each of them with each sound and assign the buffer.

SOUND[0].initialise(buffer, file$)

You also need to uses a TSound object for each sound, or the object does not known which buffer the sound was set to.

Kyo

Thanks guys, I'll do the tests!  :booze: