Android deployment

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Quote from: MrPlow on 2013-Aug-12
I am also looking to get a good Android development device - would you recommend a phone or tablet - and which one is a good one for development / testing?

Hard to say, I got a galaxy note II for that matter, so I guess it is somehow inbetween.

Tech changes really fast, so if you get a brand new high tech one, in around 3 years your device might be too old for testing.
If you get a lower one, it might wear off sooner.
2014 will probably see only 1080p devices coming out.

One good way to check it out is to see the majority of android users these days and try to get something just a bit over the standard, like a trending one.
So at least you know your app will work out on the more common ones.

MrTAToad

Perhaps it might be worth getting two devices : A really slow one and a fast one.

MrPlow

Galaxy 2 tablet with 7" screen?

Any good?

Or should I go for the Nexus 7?
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrTAToad

Either are good - see if you can have a go on them and see which you think is best...

geekpeter

i dont think it matters which device(s) you get for development, personally id get 2 that are near polar opposites, a suitable large and small device, 1x phone, 1x tablet, shouldnt really matter which model/make.

spacefractal

Here im choiced a Samsung Tab2, due im diddent have a 7" tablet. My HTC Desire HD got water damaged in a accident and then want a another Android 2.3. If you ask me, its more important to have two Android systems with own api (etc an Android 2.3 device and a Android 4.1 device).

So there is no optimal choices here.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/