XCode 4 settings

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Schneider

Hi, I have installed XCode 4, then I am confused with one setting. When we choose the target iPhone, in the Summary screen we see a Supported Device Orientations setting, should we set any of them? They are all unchecked by default with the project generated by GLBasic, so I don't know if I should mark any of them.

In the other hand, there is another confusing thing, the degub/release build and where are stored the build files (preferences -> Locations), in summary, "what must I do to submit the App to the App Store?", if you have this question, I have seen for that, take a look at this http://www.weston-fl.com/blog/?p=2442
The new way, if works  :whistle:, is much more easy IMO than the old one, as is only 3 steps: Archive -> Validate -> Submit.
IMPORTANT: remember to set the release setting in the Archive option for the scheme, and set the Archive Name, that is different than Product Name, the name shown in App Store is the last one (Product Name), but IMO is not much elegant to send files to Apple with the name iPhone.app  ;/

DaCarSoft

Hi!

You don't need to configure an orientation because GLBasic ever uses the default (portrait) and if you need to rotate graphics you can do it from GLBasic, it mantains internally the portrait orientation but the user does not know that fact.

There is a problem in iPad related to the bottom bar and multitasking: GLBasic, as is, does not rotate the bottom bar according to the device orientation, you can rotate the GLBasic graphics to landscape, but the bottom bar stay in portrait when the user makes double click on the home button. For this, you can use my codesnippet to rotate the bottom bar when you need it:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6707.0

At the other side, I don't remember where (I'm not in front of my notebook just now) but there is an option in XCode to set the path of the .IPA file that is generated, you can search for the option in the project settings, I also remember a "build for distribution" option in a combobox at the main XCode screen... may be that could be useful for you. Any way, I think that there is an option in XCode that shows a wizard to send the file directly to the App Store. I will try to help you when I arrive at home.

Hope this helps.
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

Ian Price

These are very helpful, cheers chaps. :)

I've not compiled anything for iPhone in a long while (and used XCode 3 then, which I've forgotten most of what I learned), so all and any help is most definitely welcome, seeing as I do have some stuff that I want to put onto the AppStore in the very near future.
I came. I saw. I played.

Dark Schneider

Quote from: DaCarSoft on 2011-Aug-14
There is a problem in iPad related to the bottom bar and multitasking: GLBasic, as is, does not rotate the bottom bar according to the device orientation, you can rotate the GLBasic graphics to landscape, but the bottom bar stay in portrait when the user makes double click on the home button. For this, you can use my codesnippet to rotate the bottom bar when you need it:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6707.0

I didn't noticed that, but it's true, interesting.

DaCarSoft

"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.