Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
2D-snippets / Re: Very fast floodfill
« Last post by SnooPI on 2022-Jan-15 »
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing Qedo.
Dreamerman, I remember your path finding routine and this could definitely improve it.
Lode Vandevenne is a very good programmer especially for retro coding.
QuickCG is so coOol  :P
« Last post by dreamerman on 2022-Jan-14 »
Very nice code, and may have other usage as well.
I tried to compare it with my basic FloodFill from path finding routines, and Your code is 2 times faster, so I will try to implement this algorithm in path finding in near time. One thing to check would be using full size array and omit DIMPUSH/DIMDEL, it could bring some minor speed improvement but I'm not sure, it's very good in current state.
And in general the algorithm it self is more that 4-5 times faster, just that Sprite2Mem & FastMem2Sprite take some additional time, but even with them it's really fast, and could be used for some special effects in retro project.
Btw. I remember that lodev.org has also great articles about raycasting :)
« Last post by Qedo on 2022-Jan-12 »
Hi everyone,
speed is certainly an important factor in games and I think it will be of interest to an improved and faster version of the "fastfloodfill" project posted at therad https://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8663.msg78051# msg78051.
The complete project that I enclose "FillFastLine" is at least 4-5 times faster on my computer going from 50 fps to 220.
is a GLB version obtained from the site https://lodev.org/cgtutor/floodfill.html.
I hope you enjoy it and look forward to any comments and improvements in the case.
Ciao
Bug Reports / Re: win32-dll win64-dll ld error
« Last post by dreamerman on 2022-Jan-10 »
Any more specific info? Latest Steam version, demo or some older version?
Did that happen in standard IDE, or You tried to build app manually with command line/bat files, as in platform.ini for Win32 target those libraries are properly typed in link stage -> -lGLBasicWin32 -lCxImageWin32,
and such issue shouldn't appear. Can't say anything more as never encountered such problem without messing with custom compile/link gcc commands.
Bug Reports / win32-dll win64-dll ld error
« Last post by zyzzyva on 2022-Jan-09 »
-lGLBasic -lpng not found
replace with -lGLBasicWin32 -lCxImageWin32
Off Topic / Re: Merry Christmas!
« Last post by erico on 2022-Jan-07 »
A bit late but happy everything to us all :)
« Last post by bigsofty on 2022-Jan-05 »
Happy new year all!   :booze:
Off Topic / Re: DAW for game music
« Last post by spacefractal on 2022-Jan-05 »
late repley. Im have since last month converted most of my songs to been playable in FL Studio 20.8. Fl Studio 20.9 is out, but still not tested. Just damn, because... its have finally included Sound Font player in 64bit, hehe.
« Last post by spacefractal on 2022-Jan-05 »
happy late year. im still lying around here, still im  night not login all the time. hihi. Anyway im hope that Tyvarian 2 game is soon finished, so im can get that game out of door, hihi. Just did a OST out of the game today, seens to done much more tunes than T1 (which was quite simple). hihi. Game still not released. still some bits require works.
« Last post by Qedo on 2022-Jan-04 »
happy New Year
Qedo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10