yeah a new os for us ! Tizen is coming ....

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

i think Kitty goes finally mad if he notice this :

it looks samsung will go away from android and will push the new os called Tizen.
https://www.tizen.org/

its all about the money , money .....

erico

Now that looks interesting!

I guess companies will try not to rely too much on android so to have some negotiation coins, similar to the webos acquirement that happened by LG I guess.
I will investigate it further, looks promising!

bigsofty

QuoteTizen provides a robust and flexible environment for application developers, based on HTML5. With HTML5's robust capabilities and cross platform flexibility, it is rapidly becoming the preferred development environment for mobile apps and services. The Tizen SDK and API allow developers to use HTML5 and related web technologies to write applications that run across multiple device segments.

Does this mean that there is no option for native apps?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

fuzzy70

Quote from: bigsofty on 2013-Mar-18
QuoteTizen provides a robust and flexible environment for application developers, based on HTML5. With HTML5's robust capabilities and cross platform flexibility, it is rapidly becoming the preferred development environment for mobile apps and services. The Tizen SDK and API allow developers to use HTML5 and related web technologies to write applications that run across multiple device segments.

Does this mean that there is no option for native apps?

Am installing the SDK at the moment & it has a native option as well as web on setup. Will know more later hopefully. Only discovered it myself today after reading up on the new Samsung S4.

Lee

edit. seems c/c++ by this post on their site
QuoteRefer to https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.native.apireference/gro...,
and also refer to https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.native.appprogramming/h...(helps you know how to create Tizen apps)

And if you want to create direct c++ app, then In the IDE, select File->New->Project->C/C++->C++ project, also install MingW GCC(http://www.mingw.org) should be installed to run a plain c++ app in the eclipse/Tizen IDE[\quote]
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

kanonet

There is nothing new about Tizen, its an old (and failed) try of other open source mobile OSs. First Maemo and Moblin got merged to MeeGo, then MeeGo got renamed to Tizen. So Tizen and its Predecessors where around for quite some time (since 2005) but never where successful - and I do not think this will change in the near future.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

mentalthink

fuzzy70

Quote from: kanonet on 2013-Mar-19
There is nothing new about Tizen, its an old (and failed) try of other open source mobile OSs. First Maemo and Moblin got merged to MeeGo, then MeeGo got renamed to Tizen. So Tizen and its Predecessors where around for quite some time (since 2005) but never where successful - and I do not think this will change in the near future.

From what I read Samsung is the major player in the mobile area (excluding Apple with the iPhone of course) & the Android part of the S4 was pretty much non-existent in the launch. Samsung have their own apps they have been adding in like S-Translate & S-drive even though Android has had equivalents for a long time before.

As it is capable of using Android apps without problems who knows, maybe Samsung will push Tizen & if they do & are as big a player as the net says something may come of it.

Yet another one of those "Only time will tell" scenarios  :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)