Possible to compile for Mac Store?

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

To solve my last problem - that was all that was needed - strip the PPC symbols...

I hadn't read about your tool before Trucidare - very interesting   (maybe I should have searched the forum more) but you are right - I can now see your MacStore Helper App for the mac in the Program Files folder.
I will need to check that out in a bit..

Meantime, for those interested this is what I eventually worked out...

First, I added these line to the apps .plist file:

<key>LSApplicationCategoryType</key>
<string>public.app-category.arcade-games</string>

This string needs to match what you set on the iTunes Connect website.

I prefer using the Terminal commands - at least then I learn what I am doing when codesigning as its a total pain!

In the end I used the ditto command on the Mac to do strip out the ppc stuff:

ditto -v --arch i386 "glbasic.app" "stripped.app"

I then renamed stripped.app back to my apps name.

I set the permissions just in case with

chmod -R a+xr "appname.app"

I code signed the SDL framework with:

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: DevAccountName" "appname.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A"

I code signed the sound lib with:

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: DevAccountName" "appname.app/Contents/MacOS/SoundEngine.dylib"

I signed the app itself with:

codesign -f -v -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: DevAccountName" "appname.app"

I packaged the app with:

productbuild --component "appname.app" "/Applications" --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: DevAccountName" "appname.pkg"

(test with: sudo installer -store -pkg appname.pkg -target /)

I then used Application Loader to upload the .pkg file and at last iTunes Connect was happy ;-)

mrplant

I hate reporting bad news - honest I do!!

Ok I started up MacAppStoreHelper and this looks like a great utility.
However. I am using Lion here and have a small problem with it..

OK So it says Please Select Your Profile.. and it has one entry.

That entry being:

3rd Party Mac Devleloper Application: Frisch, Gernot.

That much is fine. I then go to Preferences and it says to enter your profile name - only the part after the :!
So I enter in our dev name which matches to our keychain name.

Now here is the problem - I click save..

It still has the original Gernot's profile name selected - it won't let me choose our profile - Dave...

I tried a good many times and even relaunched the app and tried again - still the same..

Maybe this is a Lion thing causing this but basically it is not taking the updated profile name.

Would really like to try this as it looks the bomb!

Trucidare?

trucidare

i will have a look later - this tool strips ppc symbols too so you dont need to have to do it through terminal - a simple plan isnt it?

p.s. you dont need to codesign the frameworks.

p.ss. i make the same steps in code as you and i could add a new profile. look

[attachment deleted by admin]
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

fuzzy70

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Feb-26
Code (glbasic) Select
[quote author=fuzzy70 link=topic=7706.msg64146#msg64146 date=1330280879]
Hmm, just thought I would compile a mac app just to look at what it produces but can't compile it. All compiles fine for windows & linux by using the options menu then build-multiplatform just both mac ones fail.

That sounds like XCode isn't installed (or is not the correct version).

Main problem is that GLB produces nothing at all that I can pass to my Mac to load into Xcode. Win32, Linux, WinCE all compile without problems but either Mac types fail with the messages above.

GLB was installed from the 118 package then I updated it to the current 244 version. Will download a more current full package & see what happens with that.

Lee

Update. Just installed again from the 202 build from main site & same problem & errors.
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Kitty Hello

@fuzzy70 - please try to uninstall, the totally delete the C:\program files\GLBasic directory.
Reinstall and load updates.

fuzzy70

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Feb-27
@fuzzy70 - please try to uninstall, the totally delete the C:\program files\GLBasic directory.
Reinstall and load updates.

Have just uninstalled & reinstalled. Tried with the fresh install (10.202) & failed then done the update & tried again & still got the same error.

Out of interest I tried compiling for Cannoo as well & got this error

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:93 commands
compile+link:
Q:/Compiler/platform/caanoo/bin/ld.exe: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 3.9 sec. Time: 10:41
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

I know I am running the free version but WinCE & GP2X compile with no errors as well as Windows & Linux  :O
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

mrplant

Trucidare - I can see it is obviously working at your end there ok - I take it you are on Lion too?

Still same here I am afraid - I will try reinstalling app again..

I have access to another Mac here so will try it on that as well - although I haven't got any dev certs on that yet. Fun and games!

It certainly looks much easier using your util to do this.

Re. Code signing libraries - not required yet as you said but I was getting warnings in automated emails from Apple - after they had received the binary - warning it was highly recommended I sign them, so I just deciided to and got no email on the last submission I made.

fuzzy70

Ok I have managed to fix it but at the expense of breaking something else. The problem seemed to be that it was conflicting with my MinGW install, after removing my MinGW env variables & removing it from my path then rebooting all worked fine.

But now obviously I cannot use codeblocks for my C++ stuff or BlitzMax, the latter is not to much of a problem as only time I use it is for checking some of my old code to port to GLB, the codeblocks C++ part is a problem though.

Being seriously out of date with windows paths & env variables is it possible to write a batch file or something that adds the following for when I do need to use the others

Code (glbasic) Select

Variable name          Value
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX  C:\MinGW
MinGW                 C:\MinGW

Following line was in my path
;C:\MinGW\bin

Not an ideal solution though as would mean a reboot when I went back to GLB but it will do until I can figure out an alternative.

What really bugs me is why linux apps compile error free but the mac ones don't

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

How odd - the MinGW problem was sorted ages ago.

This is my PATH :

QuoteC:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\bin;C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\Android\android-sdk\tools

With MinGW set to C:\MinGW\bin

fuzzy70

I will try doing things one at a time, for example just set the path & see what happens then try the env variables 1 at time & see what breaks it.

Lee

Update:

All sorted now, the problem was with the "GCC_EXEC_PREFIX" env variable, it was needed with BlitzMax in the past but no longer required. However, BlitzMax does not like the current version of MinGW so it has been duly wiped from my machine  :D
- "These go to eleven."

trucidare

tried this on Mountain lion.

Kitty Hello

trucidare

its a tool from me ;) ofcourse it works :D

mrplant

Fraid still having probs here.. I am making sure the dev cert name is exact.
This in on our main dev system - an iMac running lion - video link here of problem we are having.

www.pictureviewerpro.com/storage/gen/appsign.m4v

I know the certs are ok as I managed to sign them using the command line and the app itself is currently going through review on the Mac App store right now..

stumped...

mrplant

Game was rejected a few weeks ago from Mac Appstore.. Been fixing a few other problems since that has taken my time up but the main reason for rejection was...

The user interface is not consistent with the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.

We have found there appears to be no clear way to quit the app.

Please evaluate whether you can improve the user experience and resubmit your app for review.

Erm.. Seriously.. they want me to mention you press Escape (anytime) to quit the app???

Always hoops and loops with Apple...