Perfomance problem in Android

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Lots of other people have managed it!  However, it does depend on the device - some are better than others.   If a device is slow, there isn't much you can do about it.

okee

You must be doing something wrong somewhere.

It runs terrible on my ZTE Blade, but Wapus's PowFish runs fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sypniIfZ5II&feature=player_embedded#!

and Minion's Earth Invasion runs fine and he's got 50 aliens moving about on screen
with fancy explosions.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Wampus

There has to be an major bottleneck somewhere. Just has to be. To find out where it is you could use timers or the GLBasic's app profiling feature to discover where things get real slow. Once that is established you won't have to make guesses about what the problem could be. You'll know. Much easier to fix.

Fun game btw.

galiksoft

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Aug-02
There has to be an major bottleneck somewhere. Just has to be. To find out where it is you could use timers or the GLBasic's app profiling feature to discover where things get real slow. Once that is established you won't have to make guesses about what the problem could be. You'll know. Much easier to fix.

Fun game btw.

FINALLY I FIXED IT!!!
The problem is in drawing the walls ouline. Not the drawing process itself (I think), but the lot of condition test I use to know where to draw the line.
The outline is not necessary at all, so I removed this part, and now the buttons are responsive and the character move as it should do.

Check it again (kwirk FREE): https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=GALIKSOFT
For people who had reported control and move problems, please test it now again.

I uploaded the new package (version 1.5) and I'm waiting right now for the refresh. If it is not version 1.5, do not install yet.

okee

Yeah, running fine here now.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)