TH_AVOCADO MAYHEM

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Strange. Well, I had an expired card into my paypal which I just removed, maybe it was that.
I will try out during today.

Super Thanks for the hint Paul, this is the kind of thing I would not be able to known by my self alone. :nw:

edit: just got a notice from itchio stating currency-acceptance problem on the paypal part.
edit2: moved payments for the itchio internally to get rid of paypal, hope that resolves things.

Maybe steam for the review is better mr.plow? I´m fine with whichever.
Just pissed that brazilian gov issues paypal to auto convert foreign currency, which is not happening and at the same time renders paypal useless for brazilians. :(

MrPlow

Looks fab - retro, colourful and shouts fun! I will wait and get the steam version  =D (so I can review it)
But if you prefer buyers to buy on itchio I can do that...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Paul Smith

Credit card option worked, Payment and download all working.did $2.99(game) +$2(donation) + $0.60 (vat)

First of all the Graphics are amazing,colours perfect. I love the animation of the kids when they get hit.
This has been well thought through, the way the wind blows or rain changes the physics. The nice title bounce, the screen fade effect.

I played a few of the WAVs one of then sounded like you record the sound from a Park with kids playing in the back ground. thing like this enhance the quality of the game.

Its a bit late here but I will fully put it through it paces tomorrow,my max score is 35 but i'm to busy watching the monkeys and there faces when the get hit.

Excellent work :good: :good:

Amstrad CPC 6128, ATARI STE.
Acer  SW5-173 & AMD RYZEN 7,RTX 3060TI

erico

Gee, thanks a lot Paul, your help is greatly appreciated.
There is a lot if little things hidden in the game and I didn´t want to instruct people but let them discover by themselves on the their rhythm.
And I also keep all gfx and sound files there in case people want to change gfx or sound for fun.
The bad is that one can see all the endings hehe.

I had an idea to redraw the assets and recreate the music following some 8-bit computer´s style, like zx spectrum, coco, amstrad, c64. Like a skin. But that is quite a load of work and I thought best to use the time/effort into doing a new game. :)

Again, thanks a lot!

Paul Smith

This Game is Hard but fun,(MrPlow hard) Me and my Son spent about 1 hour playing this and can't beat the Bat.
Not 100% sure what everything does.
I know you want to keep the Items a surprise but even when I get them I not sure what they do. I know what Yellow Avocado do, but not sure whats is the yellow circle that says power.
Is there instructions that I missed in Haste?

Is the Tune in your head after probably hearing it a million times , I can hear my brain mumming it when I'm thinking. :D

If you ever change the code it maybe worth added a few seconds of invincibility after you get hit. sometimes all you hearts gets zapped especially when the bat hits you near the edge of the screen and stays on you after the shock causing another shock. maybe I'm just not that good and need it easier. :)

Hopefully this will make you some money, I've seen some indie games with no polish and poor design that sell, so this should make a mint if advertised.
Once it on steam I get my lad tell his friends about it, if I can get him off fortnite.

Amstrad CPC 6128, ATARI STE.
Acer  SW5-173 & AMD RYZEN 7,RTX 3060TI

erico

Yep, the difficult level worries me a bit but it is possible, the monkey boss I suspect is even harder than the last boss, but I get unhappy making easy games. :|
There is no instruction, but it is also possible to figure stuff from playing, the power ups are harder to understand though but they make the game very easy if collected.
The combo hit I find so much fun, but other people had the same feeling so is something to think about.

I will make a making of doc with everything in game detailed and release in a week time.

edit: If the music ever gets too FBI torture, you can turn on off with M on the title screen. :D but yes it is to be catchy, people in the house here is going nuts listening to it a million times.

spacefractal

you could add a difficulty option to the menu eventuelly, so the game could been easier if people want it:´etc invincibility after got hit, 2 more lifes and such that. Then its up to people what they want to play :-).

Looks ace and good luck with the sale. Look like you dont need help with the Steam version.

offtype: Im have not checked glbasic recently as im did have focus on Spectrum Next currectly (Horace World Tour and now Tyvarain). The first game is a tetris game throught, where im did have fun to do 10 national songs and Brazil was one them.....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Steam released here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127520/TREE_HOUSE__AVOCADO_MAYHEM/

Compiled a making of from this thread here:
https://sites.google.com/view/fuedhq/th_avocado

I will be looking into ANDROID soon with this and probably spend a couple days trying caanoo and pandora, ;)

Ian Price

Cool. It's great that you finished it. Hope it does well for you :)
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

Hey!! Really Nice !!
It reminds me of Game & Watch games and especially this one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPrDFHMfdS8

In addition, your making-of is awesome, you have a really nice and special graphic style, you never thought to make a point-and-click adventure game ?

erico

Not only based on that game watch but a few others as I played in my youth. :)
Strangely enough, I never owned those but I had OCTOPUS and plan to do something about it.

Yep, those definently were inspirations into it for sure.

Point and click AD I thought about, but truly, am into making a IF adventure, like those old ones on the trs-80 color computer. I´d like to drop the parser and use a menu driven thing.
I made a few attempts so far into Color computer basic and also would love to have a PC version similar to that made with glb.
It looks like this:

SnooPI

Yes, give up the parsing system, the majority of modern players don't like that.

spacefractal

looks nice. the paresr could have been something like the C64 game Labyrinth (that one based on the movie).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

The parser is a mixed feelings decision. For once, it is what taught me english but it is also very natural for old computers with rom basic, so using it takes VERY little of the few kbs available.
On the other hand, like stated by Snoopy, modern players won´t enjoy it.

Yep, that is pretty much what I first thought about Spacefractal, but I didn´t know of that c64 version, it is quite similar!
A pull down menu with the verbs I need and then display a bunch of options to go along that verb.

Here is an image of it, I already did the basic code proof of concept but it sucks as it takes almost 20kb :) ...it works nice though.

SnooPI

Very interesting but unfortunately not at all appreciated today :(

About the idea of ​​point-and-click game, this idea came to me when I looked at your making-of and more precisely these images.

-display problem, see attachment-

Mix a pencil-style background with colorful characters controlled by the player who must find a puzzle every time.
The puzzles could be hidden in the background in pencil and therefore difficult to see.

Well, I don't know if I'm very clear (not easy in english) but I hope you understand me =D