DAZ Studio Pro 4, Bryce Pro 7 and Hexagon 2.5 now for FREE

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

D2O

I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

Ruidesco

From what I see in the downloads list, it ends on Feb. 8th so whoever wants them and hasn't got them yet: don't miss the chance!

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Nathan

"Embedding disabled by request" on that video, never heard of that one before.
But still nice rendering.
Can the 3D created with these programs be used in GLB?

Ian Price

You can certainly use renders of the scenes in GLB ;) :P

Nice work MrT. How long did it take to actually create that scene (including the learning time)?
I came. I saw. I played.

okee

I think it's available until the end of Feb, sure i saw 2/29/2012 somewhere
Anyway got them today.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

The actual rendering took days - mainly because I forgot to change to the camera when rendering and had to restart it, it crashing after moving the timeline (and having to restart)...

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

These apps are always good. Always loved Bryce. Only downside is they are a bit of a resource hog. Daz3D for example completely froze my computer for about a minute when I was fiddling around with a few settings on a naked figure. That's on a 2nd Gen i7 laptop with Nvidia graphics. Ok, so it's only 4gb, but seriously?

I always wanted to use Daz3D/Poser animated graphics into a game. Not the actual 3D maybe as it would probably be a bit slow. Make a nice running character then capture the video of it running sideways. Touch the result up, frame by frame, in a paint package. There you go almost instant pain free platformer animated sprite! Cool.

Plus Bryce looks good for cut screen goodness. Get an old PC to render an animation of something (eg. rotating around a mountain), get the video into your game, and there you go a really nice animated backdrop for menus or even the game itself.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Ian Price

Quoteget the video into your game, and there you go a really nice animated backdrop for menus or even the game itself.

I seem to recall Gernot saying that you could't run a video behind other imagery. Has this changed?
I came. I saw. I played.