good old times

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

:P
Atari 130 XE  !! thinner,better,faster,real hardware sprites  :good:
end of flamewar

Btw a oneliner without any comment have 30 replys ?! great !! i like this community  <3

Leginus

I agree, I am a member of many and this one is by far the best and always has been  :good:

Wild_Duck

Twin Kingdom Valley took 20 odd minutes to load on the C64 then "syntax error in line 100". Takes about a second under Vice.

Ian Price

Sultan's Maze on the Amstrad CPC took 17 minutes to load.

Was it worth it? Watch the vid and decide for yourself ;)

I came. I saw. I played.

erico

17m? 20m?

I remember some pirated tapes on coco that would take AGES to mess with the buttons/volume on the player just before things would work, and better write it down.

That is, all coco 1/2 "official" games in brazil were corporate pirated, and so some of the computer incarnations.

Leginus

Oh no the dreaded piracy word....quick lock the thread  :D

erico

:D :D :D

But it is funky.

You get a local corporate pirated computer disguised as genuine around here back in the 80s (with tv commercials and all).
Then you have the choice to buy their pirated software, or the ´indies´ pirated software.

I tried getting a coco 3 from tandy in the US at that time (soo naive I was), but all imports were totally forbidding in brasil till somewhere around 90/92. :O :puke:

So there wasn´t many options. Either that or live in a steam powered condition. =D
It gets worse! My amiga 500 was contrabanded!  :D :D

Leginus

Amiga 500 contraband.  Love it!!  =D

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Mar-06

Watching that made me want to slap somebody.

Even the resulting tantrum from the loading screen failing in the 16th minute would've been more fun that playing that thing. Sheesh.

fuzzy70

Inferring that the 360 are unreliable because you had 4 RRODs (from the original range of 360s no doubt)

2x Zephyr's, 1x Falcon, 1x Jasper. I did go on to say that perhaps I had probably just been unlucky with mine.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Mar-07

Even the resulting tantrum from the loading screen failing in the 16th minute would've been more fun that playing that thing. Sheesh.
You're not wrong! It was a truly awful game (that came free as part of a 12 game pack with the Amstrad at one point). It must have been written in a BASIC that was then emulated by the BASIC that ran on the machine - there's no reason that it should have been that slow.
I came. I saw. I played.

BdR

It wasn't all good old days...

Remember how you had to endlessly rewind/forward tapes to find anything on audio/videotape (I used to tape "Married with Children" episodes from tv :D). On the other hand, today's tv seems to be an endless stream of commercials with fragments of series/movies thrown in. Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe did a pretty funny episode bashing tv-advertising though.

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Mar-07
Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Mar-07

You're not wrong! It was a truly awful game (that came free as part of a 12 game pack with the Amstrad at one point). It must have been written in a BASIC that was then emulated by the BASIC that ran on the machine - there's no reason that it should have been that slow.
You mean interpreted :)

Ian Price

No I meant emulated. Have you ever seen an emulator on an 8bit machine?  :D

It was supposed to be a joke.  ;/

I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad