Forum Access Password

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

** EN
Since 2018-05-05, new users are only allowed to join and post at the forums, after a purchase. You will get the access code in the email with your registration code.
Background: 1) I have to pay for the servers and 2) the spam flood was immense.

** DE
Seit 2018-05-05 ist es neuen Benutzern nur gestattet sich im Forum anzumleden und zu schreiben, nach einem Kauf. Den Zugangscode (Forum Access Code) erhält man dann in der Registrierungs-E-Mail.
Begründung: 1) Ich muss für den Server bezahlen und 2) die Spam-Flut war immens.

bigsofty

Sounds fair enough.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

dreamerman

It could be good option to give Steam buyers (at least those who wont) chance to use this forum. Steam community discussion forum (or whatever it's called) is good, but let me say it, this forum will be more active and users would get answered faster, specially as not everyone is looking at Steam so often.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Schranz0r

Hi Dreamerman,

i post on the Steam-thread how to do it.
Also i think you do a great job here, to answer all the questions (Steam and Forum).
So i decided to give you the Global Moderator status! :)
Keep up the good work!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

Thanks, yet I doubt that I'll need to use this as other forum mods are doing great job and with those restrictions for new users there is really no spam or other problems here.
But ending offtop and back to topic. It's great that this 'issue' was resolved, hopefully it will get some new active users and more interesting game projects in long-term.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

kirkdev

Hello,

I have just made it here from steam with dreamerman's help. I just wanted to report that the option Web>Forum in the IDE appears to be German only and I had no idea what it was telling me.

Kirk

Kitty Hello

Oops! Languages swapped.

When you click the menu item "Web/Forum" in the IDE, the forum access password is copied to your clipbaord, and you can paste it with Ctrl+V. (don't paste it here on the forums, please - we had terrible trouble with spammers)