iPhone / iPod

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Aye, the first Hello World program compiled today.
That means, that pretty much all problems should be solvable now.

Hatonastick

Wow...  That's fantastic news mate!  :good:  Now I need to start saving up for an iPhone for when we can start making games for them.  =D

Neurox

Yeah, it's a fantastic news!
Many compliments Gernot!

Bye,
Neurox
Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for screen printers | www.4pellicole.it

Hark0

I am imppaciente for knowing more news on this matter.

I suppose that I am not the only one of this forum
that interested to write with GLB software for iphone.

:good: Gernot :good:

:-[PS: Sorry for my bad english.
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Hark0

A little comment...

My jailbreaked iphone 16gb are avaliable for test.... if are needed.

;) :whistle:
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

neseir

Ian Price

That really is great news. B'lox! for iPhone coming soon ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

Wow, the 3D on iPhone should be immense!  =D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

Erm... yes. :s

I'm presuming it's the first baby steps of i-GLB?
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Hope so.  I'm hoping the addition of iPhone support will bring in a whole bunch of new people to the GLB fold.  Plus I'm sure the injection of cash wouldn't go astray for Gernot.  :good:

doimus

ROCK ON GLB! :good:

Can we have bit more info about the workflow? Do we still use the same IDE for iphone version or are we getting Mac ide? How do we upload to iphone (xcode) etc.

PS: Gernot, you're rich man when it's released and word goes out in the iPhone dev community! =D

Kitty Hello

The IDE will (as for all platforms) stay as it is. Yes, you will be able to compile iPhone games from windows (that's the plan at least).
It looks quite promising so far, really. Some basic stuff compiled already. I have to see how the GLBasic engine works with OpenGL-ES, since this is the first machine to use it.

Hark0

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-May-18
The IDE will (as for all platforms) stay as it is. Yes, you will be able to compile iPhone games from windows (that's the plan at least).
It looks quite promising so far, really. Some basic stuff compiled already. I have to see how the GLBasic engine works with OpenGL-ES, since this is the first machine to use it.

hype hype hype

:good:

doimus

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-May-18

But I guess one will still need an Intel Mac for testing on the simulator or uploading to the iPhone / iPod Touch?

And may I suggest concentrating on 2D features, first. Due to the nature of iPhone, there are quite a few 3D engines for it already but, being somewhat involved with iPhone dev community, I can say that there are A LOT of people STARVING for proper and simple 2D engine, as there is none at the moment.