two questions about the appstore submissions process

Previous topic - Next topic

BdR

As I already posted here my first ipod/iphone game was put on the appstore (yay me! 8)). It's called "Break The Code" and it's a mastermind clone.
Anyway I have two questions about the whole iphone app submission ordeal.

First, it was put on the appstore three days ago, but I only found out today. I hadn't been checking my app's status, because I expected to get an e-mail about this. I haven't received any notice "accepted for appstore" or anything, so I checked the website today and found out. Did you guys receive any notice when an app is accepted?

Second, something went wrong when submitting the app the first try. Some technical stuff I had to enter was new to me, like the SKU and the namespace. What does the "com.yourname.yourapp" mean anyway, what is this info used for? If it is used only by Apple for appstore managing/administration, then why do I have to enter it myself?

Apperantly I had entered an incorrect namespace in the app ID and I couldn't use the name "Break The Code" anymore for some reason, probably due to Apple's "user-friendly" software(!). So now it will be forever known as "Break The Code2", hm. Anyone else had any problems with this?

Also, I'm feeling pretty relieved to finally have some results to show for the time I've been putting into this. :booze: (not just this game btw, other games are still underway)

backslider

QuoteFirst, it was put on the appstore three days ago, but I only found out today. I hadn't been checking my app's status, because I expected to get an e-mail about this. I haven't received any notice "accepted for appstore" or anything, so I checked the website today and found out. Did you guys receive any notice when an app is accepted?

- Yes, I received a mail from Apple that the app is "now" on the appstore available.

QuoteApperantly I had entered an incorrect namespace in the app ID and I couldn't use the name "Break The Code" anymore for some reason, probably due to Apple's "user-friendly" software(!). So now it will be forever known as "Break The Code2", hm. Anyone else had any problems with this?

- But you could change the "display name" in the project (xcode) if you mean the name that is displayed on the iPhone?!

cheers!

shawnus

I received e mails at every stage where the app submission changed its status, if that helps.

I hear stories about people not receiving e mails from Apple in a timely manner regarding confirmation of provisioning profiles, etc but I have never had a problem with this either- they have always come immediately.