Google Play to Require Physical Address for App Details

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

I just got a message on the google crap - i didnt realise they wanted to give your addresss to purchasers...not cool.

There are nutballs out there - and insane angry teens...lol!

Anyhow - just thought I should let you know I have my games on Amazon and Google play - I get zero sales (more or less) from Amazon!
I hate to say it but Google Play has the market sewen up. I haven't found any good Android alternatives that generate the same downloadage.

I'd say this is coming about because they were too lazy and let everyone in the world signup to be a developer...so you have spammers mixed with genuine developers. Plus scammers like the Fake Anti Virus software app that ripped off $300k or something like that and the developer disappeared or is unknown.

I have no issue with Google Play having my address but giving it out to casual downloaders and all the adplatforms / app 3rd party firms are going to start emailing and maybe phoning your home phone etc...

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Kitty Hello

There is also "1Mobile" market. No idea if they generate sales... on Amazon I get zero, too. Also on Samsung...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

I know they were crap TO devs (and their own employees), with their "we own you and your product" policies etc. but I didn't know that they were bad FOR devs too. Does google really have the Android market all sewn up for themselves?
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Im have just entered Amazon Appstore with Greedy Mouse and Karma Miwa as paid app with no ads, while the Google versions is now free with ads.

Im do looks how GameCircle works, which would been a great addidation to the paid version, which support Leaderboards, Archivements and also the most important Whispersynch (sync like iCloud keyvalue). Those features should not been added for the free version my thinks.

Of course those would been Android Extras exclusive, and im might now do a two templates, one with all functions and one with most used functions (because those sdks also clock up the file size as well).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

Google could verify my account using Postident now. Phew :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.