Re: Black Sun Developement (Skecth GamePlay)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

@Matchy, well about thinking or drawing sketches... I never do, and I never did, when I work in something whit 3D.
My hand-drawings are worst than a kid of 6 years old--- Basically I don´t have any idea for draw... It's true sometimes I do a model 4 or 8 times and the final model it's really bad... (About the complexity, really not it´s too much, think whit only boxes and geometery like tubes and very simple 3d models, you can mount something and tell, uff very complex...
this model , the enemy it's like an Octopussy, I waste about 15 min for do it, make this whit Pixel art, how do it r0ber7, then I say yes--- its' very complex, 3D make the life easier) :D

@r0ber7, Yes the game it´s like yours... I think if you do casual games (I have planned to do too), you can't create too much interest in the people, basically the reason it's the 99% of games in the market are Casual and you can emphasize over the tons of games in the market... The problem it's will be profitable... I´m sure will not.

Thanks guys for your replies..

mentalthink

Hi guys, finally I can show somthing running in black sound... a lot of things will be change, but I think whit this little video you can make a light idea about the game...

Some errors in the game occurs now, but the very hard work, it's finished, I only have to pick some special code for some enemies, and well for the big bosses, but this it's thing for the Betatester, he's it's who have to do the playibility.

Basically this it's the first Stage, and when I have all right, I put a little postporduction in graphics, and perhaps in some efects, but I think will be very similar to this graphically speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4-RN6F5k8s&feature=youtube_gdata

Sorry for the quality and some parts of the video it's bit jerky, but the mac mini can't saved better the video, the quality it's the real in the game, but for 480x320 screens, in mobile don't appers blurry.

Anything you want comment me, please do it, if you thing it's a great shit, tell you too, always it's better now the bad replies, from them always learn.

matchy

Nice. Looks really, really great and can't wait to play it.

erico

oh my! :o moving tentacles! It is a winner already!
Looking really polished locomentalito!! ;)

The 3d background is working great and everything else, but, when wheeeeen? :P

mentalthink

@matchy thanks a lot , how I comment in Youtube.
@Erico thanks a lot for your comment too, well I don't need put me, loco, I'm really a bit... really it's hide before mental  =D :D

Thanks guys, I suppose I can show more whit more regularity more adavnces in this works...

Now it's time to change to the Second Stage, I have in mind make a tipically freeze World...  :)

Ian Price

Looking like a classic already.  :good:
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jan-14
Now it's time to change to the Second Stage, I have in mind make a tipically freeze World...  :)

yeah! There must always be a freeze world on a shoot um up!
Project X on the amiga had a nice one right as first level, the background is a bit too "vista-pro" for today´s standard but the color tone is quite nice.
Some good inspiration, can´t wait to see what you come up with!

mentalthink

Thanks Erico I go to see this game... I´m very Viced to z-out , hours and hours, but in some stage really difficult...

Well just I finish a new model for this Screen, just now... let me show you... it's only the model don't have texture and litghting...

[attachment deleted by admin]

mentalthink

About the mountains Erico I did this test, but I think it's nice teh Render.. perhaps when I have a bit more do it I pass trhu Phsothop for agree some deatails...

erico

haha great mountains! :O(are they mars?)

I´m appending a project X screen shot here so you can clearly see that should team-17 knew you back in the 90s, they would have hired you and project X would be a better game.

I like the new ship, but what I like more is that they are all holding to a style you created, that is really cool and I think it will make a big difference!

edit: notice a game is an amiga game ONLY if it has wanna-be-raytraced-balls! :P

mentalthink

Thanks Erico for the reference in fact really I don't kwon how put the perspective of the frame whit the mountains, I'm thinking in the mountains and in the first plane, some frozen corner of a mountain but very speed...

About the raytrace balls, I doubt.. I remenber use Real 4d, can be this name ?¿, I turn off the amiga, becuase I have fear for if the machine begins to burns.. really how many time for make only 3 balls... Thanks Nvida and Cuda...  :D :D :D

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jan-15
...About the raytrace balls, I doubt.. I remenber use Real 4d, can be this name ?¿, I turn off the amiga, becuase I have fear for if the machine begins to burns.. really how many time for make only 3 balls... Thanks Nvida and Cuda...  :D :D :D

HAHA mine was Imagine 3d... 3 balls, floor and sky, raytrace, 320x240...took 24h to render :o
Back on the game, when do you think a short demo is due?

mentalthink

Really I don't know, my idea about launch the game I hope can be after Summer, or before, but i'm not sure beacuse I have to do a lot of work yet... but now I can work more speedly this it's true.

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jan-15
About the raytrace balls, I doubt.. I remenber use Real 4d, can be this name ?¿, I turn off the amiga, becuase I have fear for if the machine begins to burns..

:) Cinema 4D? I used to make stuff with that in the Amiga days. Loved it.