Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2017-Apr-04
Nice that you are back at it! :good:
Do you have a plan of what things are left to do? Or are you going about at will?

Sometimes at will, but most of the times I keep a list.

Do you happen to have a pic of the level editor with the ddgui?

No, but I got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaBeYCgKKF8

erico

Nice! Seems pretty functional, but more to the ones who know what is going on. Do you happen to keep track of a manual for it? Is it going to be part of the release?
I´m quite interested in level editors.

mentalthink

Super nice the Editor

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2017-Apr-14
Nice! Seems pretty functional, but more to the ones who know what is going on. Do you happen to keep track of a manual for it? Is it going to be part of the release?
I´m quite interested in level editors.

It wasn't made with usability in mind, but you could probably figure it out. No manual. I could share it if you want to try and make a level.  ;)

Quote from: mentalthink on 2017-Apr-14
Super nice the Editor

Thanks. Here you can see the new "copying" feature while I make a castle level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9F1ghuXwI

erico

I´d sure wish to try out, but I need to finish that avocado game first. :)

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2017-Apr-16
I´d sure wish to try out, but I need to finish that avocado game first. :)

Heh sounds familiar. Looks good though.

erico

Looking pretty good.
But I think you should add more to it on the dev part, it helps a lot.
You did a lot already here on the forum, add some stuff there as a dev blog maybe.

r0ber7

Thank you, I will look into it. As it stands, it is just a way to reach people who are interested so I can contact them when the game releases. But thank you for the suggestion.  =D

r0ber7

erico

No sound on the tube version? Great work, it has been a while I played a beta.
Abou the site, yeah, if it has that primary objective, all is fine.

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2017-May-05
No sound on the tube version? Great work, it has been a while I played a beta.
Abou the site, yeah, if it has that primary objective, all is fine.

No sound, but the next one will have some. I added some new sounds in too, but I'm not sure if they fit the rest. They're more "old school" than the rest is. I also looked into music for the loading screen and so on, but have not decided on those either.

Recently made adjustments to the menu map level select. You know, like a world map. It's nothing fancy but it's not ugly either and it does the job. Still a ways to go, but sometimes it's good to celebrate the little things too.

r0ber7

Map may change in the future. Could be that I remove the second mountain.

dreamerman

It's looking solid, and most stuff is on place - moving, shooting, enemies, patricles..
You can choose several path for game and it has a real potential as those days both 'mixed action rpg' (1.) and 'bullet hell' (2.) are very popular.
1. Player beside to kill monsters need to do some quests (some story line), manage stats, equipement, maybe some follower that will help with harder maps and so on.
2. Game with minimalistic RPG  elements - basic stats, but with more shooting elements, yet for this random generated levels would be needed - like 'Nuclear Throne', 'Enter the Gungeon'.
Or you targeting somehing other? (Sorry I didn't followed this topic by some time)

But I have to point something out, and you surely know that. It's WIP project so graphic style isn't final but it's incoherent, great looking pixel art style ground, grass tiles, simple shaded stone blocks + trees, particles with a lot of alpha effects. One graphic style would help very much in overall reception of the game. And don't get me wrong, in this form it's much better that many games from Greenlight, I just hope that in final version graphic will be more consistent.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

erico

The map screen reminded me of Loom and Monkey Island right alway! :)
Maybe a Golden Axe kind of map could also fit fine. :booze: