A Game a week with the power of GLBasic.

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I had no problems activating all 6 keys at the same time on my laptop.

A clever little game, which unfortunately lost my interest all too quickly, due to its repetitive nature. Fun for a few minutes though. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

quangdx

Quote from: Crivens on 2012-Jan-16
If I was you I would make a Warioware type game at the end of it all. Have the option to select any of the games like in a Namco arcade type app but then have a Warioware mode where you play each game for like 10 seconds each to give an overall score. Would be pretty cool if could be made so that 10 seconds (or maybe more) was possible in each game.

Cheers

This idea has already crossed my mind,
I'm a big fan of the Warioware games.
Sue, she sells sushi, is my variation of a mini game in Bishi Bashi Champ,
and New Year Boom's inspiration is taken from Hypersports.
With 52 game ideas at the end of the year, I'll have lots of things to work with.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

quangdx

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Jan-16
I had no problems activating all 6 keys at the same time on my laptop.

A clever little game, which unfortunately lost my interest all too quickly, due to its repetitive nature. Fun for a few minutes though. :)

Cheers for the feedback Ian,
with only a week to make the games, they're all gonna be quick li'l fun diversions for people to play when the have  a moment or two.
These games live and die by the hiscore.
The two player mode is fun, if you can find someone who's around the same skill level as you.

aroldo

quangdx

Nice work, this is a big challenge!!!

Besides GLBasic what are the other programs you use to build your games?
To build graphics and sprites for instance.

Do you have a GLBasic game framework?
[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

matchy

Even though it's been discussed several time, I like the idea of Warioware or even Lazy Jones like with a framework for a game a week.

quangdx

Quote from: matchy on 2012-Feb-03
Even though it's been discussed several time, I like the idea of Warioware or even Lazy Jones like with a framework for a game a week.
I have some plans for this sort of thing at some point in the future.
Possibly for an iOS release.

quangdx

Nathan

Quote from: quangdx on 2012-Feb-08
Sunday 5th of February game is a fun zombie game,
Zombie Invasion

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223224087769269&set=a.197709486987396.45076.121366111288401&type=1&ref=nf

Heh heh, superb!   :D
Reminds of that burning building fireman game where you have to move the trampoline under residents that are jumping out escaping from the fire.  But in reverse.

Ian Price

HaHa! That's pretty cool. Very unrelenting.

Nice one =D
I came. I saw. I played.

quangdx

Quote from: Nathan on 2012-Feb-09

Reminds of that burning building fireman game where you have to move the trampoline under residents that are jumping out escaping from the fire.  But in reverse.

Cheers,
yeah there's many games that use this theme, when I was a small boy, use to have an LCD game and watch, where you was a ninja with sword, and had to bounce other ninjas out of your dojo.
And then there was a game on the Atari ST by Infrogrames called Bobo, which was a bunch of mini games,
one was bouncing prisoners out of the prison yard over the wall.

quangdx

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Feb-09
HaHa! That's pretty cool. Very unrelenting.

Nice one =D

I'm getting reports that this one is just too hard.

r0ber7

Nathan

Quote from: quangdx on 2012-Feb-09
Quote from: Nathan on 2012-Feb-09

Cheers,
yeah there's many games that use this theme, when I was a small boy, use to have an LCD game and watch, where you was a ninja with sword, and had to bounce other ninjas out of your dojo.
And then there was a game on the Atari ST by Infrogrames called Bobo, which was a bunch of mini games,
one was bouncing prisoners out of the prison yard over the wall.
I think the first version I played involved me typing the game into my BBC Model B from a magazine listing.  Which was also a good version of basic.

(I think).

Crivens

Firemen? Wasn't it called Bouncing babies?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Nathan

Hah hah, those babies are superb.  What platform is that on, looking at the tasteful colours I'm guessing it's DOS PC with CGA graphics card?