Does anyone else find Incredibuild a bit flakey sometimes?

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle

Hello,

Incredibuild seems to a bit flakey for me.  It doesn't always seem to select the correct files to skip even after I have made big changes in the code.  It can be really frustrating because sometime you fix a bug but still don't see the results because the file was skipped during compilation. 

Is it possible to...

1) Fix it so it works 100% of the time

or (which should be easier)

2) have a tick box in the IDE to force a full recompile.

Cheers,

Unc

MrTAToad

I've found V8 beta Intellibuild to be much better than previous versions - its not building files that dont need to be re-compiled, nor is it not building files when it should...

Kitty Hello

The force can be uhm.. forced when you double-click the Debug mode. (Changing it will clear up incredibuild cache).
Hi Uncle, glad to see you're still alive!

bigsofty

I find if you are doing a multi-platform build, then choosing a different build in the project settings, it gets a little confused and does not do a complete recompile.

And yes, its good to see you back on the forums Uncle.  :)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Uncle

Looks like things will be sorted with v8 then :)  Thanks for the welcomes back.  Aye I've real life has taken me away from programming for a little while, but now I'm back at it and things are going well :)