Collisions with animated models?

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejohnston

Before I get started on a long road, I wanted to know; are the collisions updated along with the animation of models and accurate at all times?

Blitz had problems with this...

Kitty Hello

I don't know any bug about this. If you find one, report it and I'll lfix it.

Kuron

Jesse:  This isn't Blitz.  Gernot actually fixes bugs when they are found and routinely releases updates :)

jessejohnston

Interesting. I was working on a 3d ice hockey game. I did all of the physics, animations and models only to realize that 1/4 through development, all of my models were rendered useless as Blitz didn't update collisions on animated models (and so the first frame was always used for collisions).

Another story was 4 years ago I was working on a 3d MMA fighting simulation. I had the "Create a fighter" mode complete only to find a complex bug having to do with bones after 300+ hours of work. So in the end, you could create a fully customized fighter but nothing else. Wow; fun.

I can and have used C and other lower levels a lot, but the general idea with these developments (and my purchase of blitz) was that I wouldn't have to. So in 3 years of owning Blitz3D, I wasted 400+ hours (SIXTEEN DAYS) working on projects that had to be canceled because when ever someone said "hey this doesn't work", the reply would be "I'm working on the next product (blitzmax) already; no time."

Thank god for GLBasic  :booze: